What's new

Netflix Wentworth (2013-2021) (2 Viewers)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I’m surprised there isn’t a thread for this, as it’s been on since 2013. It just finished up its 8 season run (sort of 9 seasons) and all the episodes are on Netflix. It originally aired in Australia and takes place in a women’s prison, so think Orange is the New Black with Aussie lingo, except WAY better. Seriously, even if you HATED Orange, I’d still highly recommend checking this one out. It’s witty, it’s gritty and it can be bat-shit insane sometimes, but totally in a good way. My wife and I are starting the final batch of episodes tonight (which is being called a continuation of the same season from last year for some reason).

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I’m surprised there isn’t a thread for this, as it’s been on since 2013. It just finished up its 8 season run (sort of 9 seasons) and all the episodes are on Netflix. It originally aired in Australia and takes place in a women’s prison, so think Orange is the New Black with Aussie lingo, except WAY better. Seriously, even if you HATED Orange, I’d still highly recommend checking this one out. It’s witty, it’s gritty and it can be bat-shit insane sometimes, but totally in a good way. My wife and I are starting the final batch of episodes tonight (which is being called a continuation of the same season from last year for some reason).
Wenthworth has been on Netflix for some time now. Having seen both it and OITNB, I completely agree, Wenthworth is easily the superior show. It does a great job of developing and involving every major character, which I feel makes for a much better overall show. OITNB, while still decent, takes the increasingly common and lazy tactic of placing a single [largely unlikeable] character at the forefront and then putting them in laughably unrealistic situations that are just hard to accept, even in Television Land. Other shows like this I can think of include...

Weeds
Grey's Anatomy
Private Practice (Spinoff of Grey's, so...)
Atypical
Jane The Virgin
The Good Place
Ozark

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
It does a great job of developing and involving every major character, which I feel makes for a much better overall show.
Yeah, I’ve always noticed how they give consistent development to ALL the characters as more are introduced over the seasons, unlike, say, The Walking Dead which is absolutely horrible in this regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks