Went to get my RP-91 got something else.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoshY, Mar 6, 2002.

1. JoshY

JoshY Auditioning

Well I went in to get the rp-91 instead of the DV-37 and ran into a friend who does home theater installs. He recomended the Sony dvp-s9000es. I looked at it and liked it, but it was almost twice as much as the rp-91. My salesman friend checked the inventory and told me that the rp-91 is on back order until mid April; the sony is available in two weeks. I went ahead and ordered the 9000es. Here is my problem. I am having second thoughts on my order. first of all I do not care about SACD or DVD audio. I am only interested in picture quality. Is the sony worth the price differance. I want to save as much money on my hobby as I can, but I will spend whatever I have to to get what I want; which is excellent picture quality on my widescreen. I have no problem waiting. I will even wait until this summer when the Panasonic dvd rp-82 comes out. Should I change my order to the rp-91, or should I wait for the rp-82 or should I just leave my order alone and get the 9000es?

Any and All help is much appreciated

Thanks

JoshY

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Check out some of these threads gleaned from using the forum's Search function.

3. Jo_M

Jo_M Stunt Coordinator

Anyone have any info on the Panasonic dvd rp-82, I was going to get the Rp56 but if a new model is coming out I may wait.

4. Doug X

Doug X Extra

I am also interested in any news about the new Panasonics! What is the basic feature list of the RP-82?

5. Jonathan Wong

Jonathan W
    Some info can be found here. It have all the features of RP-56 with Sage/Faroudja deinterlacing, plus DVD-Audio and playing Windows Media Audio files.
    JW