What's new

WELLSPRING/CRITERION- LINA WERTMULLER wish list.... (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
FOX LORBER, nee WELLSPRING put out some OK-to-mediocre discs of the classic films of LINA WERTMULLER a good 5-6 years ago, all from VHS masters:

SWEPT AWAY (by an unusual destiny, in the blue seas of august)
SEVEN BEAUTIES
LOVE AND ANARCHY
SEDUCTION OF MIMI

none of them are anything to write home about, picture quality wise.

It seems that it is high time WELLSPRING put out 16x9 enhanced versions of these films, if not full blown SEs- with commentary, etc

Ms Wertmuller is nearing 80 years on, and its high time we heard from one of the worlds first great women directors-before she is gone..

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I must second the motion! Wertmuller is also the first and only other woman besides Jane Campion and Sofia Coppola to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Director, for SEVEN BEAUTIES.

Giancarlo Gianinni should also be recorded for commentary before it's too late also.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I should add that CRITERION put out an excellent for its time Laserdisc of SWEPT AWAY a few years ago.

Perhaps they could do SEs of these films if WELLSPRING finds the job to be too unpleasant to attempt.

Believe me, Ive written them on this several times, never having been favored with so much as an automated reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks