What's new

Well we now know why tom cruise decided not to do "cold mountain" (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
I dunno, soemthing about cruise and kidman ALL OF A SUDDEn she comes in when he leaves? doubt it, I think Tom knew shed be in it.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Sounds like a good cast. I just hope the director and screenwriter don't muck it up. Is that article incorrect or has the story been changed? Ada and Ruby were not sisters in the book. Ada's father was dead, but Ruby's was only believed to be dead. Neither father was a missionary. Not a big deal I suppose, but those aspects didn't really need to be changed. I guess we'll find out...

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Todd, do you really think the producers would be so dim to plan on bringing her in if Cruise were their star? Actors choose not to do films all of the time. While this might make good tabloid fodder, I seriously doubt what you're suggesting. Kidman is one of the hottest actresses in the business right now, so it's no surprise they would try to get her if the opportunity presented itself (which it obviously did if Cruise dropped out).

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Todd - Cruise bailed on this project over a month ago. Kimdan was cast on 3/21. Fact.
It does seem a bit coincidental though, don't it? :D

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.screendaily.com/story.asp?storyid=9947
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) has withdrawn from the currently shooting Civil War epic Cold Mountain, leaving Miramax Films with the whole burden of the $80m-plus budget. Miramax is already in negotiations with other potential partners to co-finance the production which has now returned to Romania again after a stint in North Carolina. Miramax confirmed that it was sole financier “for the moment” yesterday, while MGM did not return calls at presstime.

Users who are viewing this thread