Well, today I say goodbye to my TV.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by StephenA, Mar 26, 2006.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I don't know if any of you remember, but I've mentioned that I have a 6 foot tall Mitsubishi projection TV. The other day it decided to die. Since it's over 10 years old and considered a dinosaur now, I decided to get rid of it and get a new widescreen TV. Don't know what TV I'll get to replace the old one yet.

2. Michael Harris

Michael Harris Screenwriter

I know how you feel. Last year I bought my 55 inch Sony Grand WEGA LCD rear projection because the Sony 32 inch that I had for over 13 years finally started to die.

I bought the 32" while I was stationed in Japan in 1991. It went with me to the a DC area assignment, to Spain, and back to DC. When the 55" was delivered, the delivery men manhandled the very heavy 32" on to their cart and lead it away. I had to admit that it was sad to see the old girl go but quickly forgot about her once I hooked the new one up and saw my first HDTV broadcast.

3. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    My 56" Toshiba widescreen was showing its age last October when I bought a 27" LCD HD to use as both a TV and a monitor in my home office. Since that room is still being rennovated, I set the LCD up on a table in the living room temporarily, and upgraded my cable service to HD and spent the extra few dollars a month to get the DVR instead of the regular HD cable convertor. After about a week I moved the table closer to the couch and connected my SD cable box and TiVo to the 27" because I could no longer stand watching TV on the Toshiba any more. While it still had some life in it, I had a local charity come and haul the Tosibha away, and lived with just the 27" until after Christmas when I had my new JVC 56" HD-ILA delivered. [​IMG]

Regards,

Joe

4. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

Well last night I replaced my old TV with a 60 inch Phillips TV, and I'm going to set it up today. It's probably not TV, but that's ok. Compared to my old one, this looks tiny. There's at least a couple more feet of extra room in my living room, which is good.