Well...(the car thread continues)...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Brian Harnish, May 17, 2004.

1. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Anyway, I finally got my Honda Civic Sedan back from the autobody shop (I used Maaco). And wow, it looks like a brand-new car!! I was having it painted and having the hood replaced (because there was a severe chip in the paint and they couldn't fix it with any other method) in order to sell it at full market value.

But, lo and behold, I got it back today and it looks like a brand-new car! It really looks gorgeous and I couldn't be happier. Looks like I can hold off on getting a brand-new car for a few more years.

Now I can focus most of my income on moving out into my own place and won't have a car payment (or any other debt) to worry about. Life is certainly good. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Gwon Chang

Gwon Chang Stunt Coordinator

???

So no Solara or new Honda, eh? Well, congrats on the decision. No car payment would be da bomb at my house...

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    So your only reason for wanting a new car was aesthetics?

4. Craig

Craig Second Unit

Just that much more money to 'invest' in home theater!

5. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Malcom- It was both aesthetics and performance (my 1996 Honda Civic LX Sedan only has 106 HP, had scratches all over the car as well as hood damage). However, I can live with the lack of performance on my current Honda if it means I can move out. I'm tired of living at home and moving out is moving to #1 on my list of priorities. [​IMG]

My car only has 65,500 miles on it and I figure it'll last at least 140,000 more miles before I have to buy a new car. This will give me quite a bit of time to get my finances into gear after I'm settled in my new place. Plus, when I get my inheritance in October, that will give me at least 6 months worth of income I can live on in case anything happens with my job or something of that nature.

6. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

even more remarkable is finding a satisfied maaco customer [​IMG]

7. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

My brother always loved Maaco. It gave a great looking paint job that lasted about 8 months, but faded evenly. He understood that you get what you pay for.