What's new

Well, that's a new one.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I find my tape ejected this morning, and wonder why it didn't autorepeat like it was supposed to. I used to leave the radio on when I was asleep earlier in my life, but now I've switch to 8 hour tapes of my favorite animated shows. I've seen 'em so many times anyway, it'll help me get to sleep quicker :).
However, I noticed that the blasted thing had been chewed up and spit out. So, I took the tape apart to do a little temporary surgery, and noticed that the left side, that contained all the tape, was DENTED. At first, I thought it somehow melted into the other layers, but it was actually dented somehow, as if someone put a big thumb into it's side and pushed in. That's never happened before, but it's just affirmed my reasoning to get a DVD Reocrder last week :).
Speaking of wich, would it hurt my DVD player if I left it running a few hours during the night, and gave it a rest during the 12 hour day? I want to ditch my second VCR, and keep it here at the Jersey Shore, using my main one at home for all the important stuff...
Thanks!

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
When I worked in retail We had our Display DVD players on 12 hours a day 7 days a week. I then purchased one of them and still got 3 years out of it.

To Answer your question I don't see a problem running it for a few hours. That was what it was made to do.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I think a lot of electronics have finite lifespan in terms of years, rather than in terms of use. So, if treated well, a DVD player could probably last for 5-10 years, wheter its used for 4 hours a day, or 4 hours a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks