What's new

Well? PS2? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
OK, so we're past christmas and they're still nowhere to be found.

I'm puzzled by this. I wanna get my hands on a PS2, don't care if it's the old model or the new slim one. I checked on ebay and was surprised to find that people want $200+ for the older, bulkier model and in USED condition.

I don't think I'd pay over $100 for it, knowing a brand new, slimmer model goes for $150 (when found).

So when can we expect to see new shipments?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I Ordered and Received a PStwo about 4 days before Xmas from Best buy and got it a day before Xmas.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

It's a tricky situation with the PS2 and post-Christmas demand, at least from a retailer's perspective. Stores aren't certain that the strong pre-Christmas demand will persist once the 25th has lapsed, plus the winter months (January and February) are traditionally slower periods for both hardware and software sales, as consumers recuperate from the credit charges they amassed in the previous months.

If you want to secure a newer PS2 unit, your best bet would be EB or Gamestop, as they take deposits. Circuit City was also taking pre-orders, but most aren't expected to be fulfilled until mid-January.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
That's where I've been checking the most Paul. Online. But everything's sold out. Just went to bestbuy.com again and they're still sold out.

Thanks anyway.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
After putting it in the cart and going to checkout, they told me it was out of stock. Circuit City...you suck!

Thanks Perry for the heads up.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Sorry, they were in stock this morning. I think they will become very abundant over the next couple weeks. I saw a stack of them at Best Buy last week.

Joel C

Screenwriter
My brother got me one for Christmas, and when we bought it (was going to be a surprise, but then he told me about it when he thought he couldn't get one, but then he did), the BB sales guy tried to say we also had to buy an extra controller and memory card. But when we got up to the counter and asked a manager, she said that's wasn't true, so we didn't! Neener!

Got Ratchet & Clank 3 from my parents and enjoyed it a lot until I got sidetracked by Prince of Persia 2.

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
After seeing nothing but sold out inventory from store after store in my area for the past six weeks, I took a vacation day from work on Monday, and planned to make a 100 mile trip to every EB Games, Gamestop, Target, Walmart, Circuit City, and Best Buy along my planned route.

Fortunately, my trip lasted only 2 miles; I called the nearest Target the moment they opened (hehe, I had a list of store hours and phone numbers too huge to mention!), and they had eight in stock! Just for sh*ts and giggles, I went back to that same Target later that afternoon, and the seven remaining PS2s were all sold.

I recommend you compile a list of phone numbers of stores in your area, and politely call every store on the list as soon as they open in the morning on a daily basis. If possible, ask when their inventory trucks arrive or for their UPS delivery schedules.

8^B

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
100 mile trip? Wow. You must really want a PS2. :D

I was able to find one on Ebay. Some honest soul was selling a brand new slim PS2 for $150. Everyone else there seems to be selling them for at least $175.

Thanks.

AbelM

Second Unit
Wow...I had no idea PS2 was still in such a demand. I got mine when they first came out (that first DAY) and have loved that thing forever. I am surprised you guys' don't have one yet...they are fun just for Gran Tourismo and Madden! :emoji_thumbsup:

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
The supply seems to be a lot better now. I ended up buying one from Circuit City. It's unbelievable how tiny they made the console. Very cool.

And I take back what I said above about Ebay's "honest soul". That bastard took my money and ran! I'm currently trying to get my money back through PayPal and Ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks