What's new

Well, Paramount, you blew it for HATARI! (1 Viewer)

Metty

Auditioning
Real Name
Metty
Hi. Little Update. Hatari! will finally be released on Blu-Ray. At least here in Germany on October 4th 2013 it´s available for preorder at amazon.de.

And also in Japan on September, 13th 2013 at amazon.jp as a Region A Blu Ray with English Language and Subtitles.

Amazon.co.uk currently unavailable, Amazon.com not listed at all.

German Version:

Hatari-DE.jpg

Details:
Region: B
Disc: 1 x BD-50 GB
1920x1080p (1.78:1)
MPEG-4/AVC
157 Minuten
Cinema Version
German and English Version are the same
Uncut

Languages:
German Deutsch DD 1.0
English Dolby TrueHD 1.0
Spanish DD 1.0
French DD 1.0
Japanese DD 1.0
Portugiese DD 1.0

Subtiles:
a lot

Features:
unknown

Price:
13.99 €

Japanese Version:

51g3bF%2B%2B6QL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Registration information

[*]Cast: John Wayne , Elsa Maruchineri , Hardy Kruger , Red Buttons , Gerard Blanc
[*]Director: Howard Hawks
[*]Format: Color, Subtitled
[*]Language English, Japanese
[*]Subtitles: Japanese, English
[*]Region: Region A (Click here for more information about the specifications of DVD / Blu-ray .)
[*]Number of Discs: 1
[*]Distributor: Paramount Home Entertainment Japan
[*]DVD Release Date: 2013/09/13
[*]Time: 157 minutes
[*]ASIN: B00DACL1HG
[*]EAN: 4988113747578
[/list]

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
As it's a Paramount release in Germany (& other countries) I'd be very surprised if it isn't multi-region. Lot's of other Paramount goodies being released as well: War & Peace, El Dorado, & Samson & Delilah.

Metty

Auditioning
Real Name
Metty
There a to little informations at all. Some German Blu-Ray Sites say Region Code A-B-C others B only. The Japanese is according to amazon.jp A only. Amazon.co.uk says B only, but also it is listed as a 3 disc edition.

Also no infos about features, what they done with picture or the sound. Poor PR.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
There a to little informations at all. Some German Blu-Ray Sites say Region Code A-B-C others B only. The Japanese is according to amazon.jp A only. Amazon.co.uk says B only, but also it is listed as a 3 disc edition.

Also no infos about features, what they done with picture or the sound. Poor PR.
Yeah, all the Amazons get it wrong a lot, that's what's so great about the internet & sites like this one, you get the correct answer before too long.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
If it's being released in France, Germany, and Japan, then it must be coming to US eventually. Not liking that cover art all, should stuck the original poster.

Cine_Capsulas

Second Unit
Real Name
Patrick
Bob Cashill said:
The DVD is sufficient. And asking Paramount for a catalog title is largely a waste of typing.
This kind of thought is out of place in the Blu-ray subsection of this forum. And, may I add, insulting to those who do not share the same disdain for the movie in question.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
When I finally get a region free player sometime in the next few months, I'll be getting the German release of Hatari! and the UK release of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence. It looks as though most of my planned purchases for the rest of the year will be international releases, since I'm sick of waiting for Region A releases from studios.

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
"Hatari" has a great Mancini score and some wonderful photography shot on location.

But it also has John Wayne playing John Wayne and it has Red Buttons as "Pockets".

The combination is, in my opinion, laughable. Just hearing Wayne say "Pockets" is hilarious.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
Lromero1396 said:
When I finally get a region free player sometime in the next few months, I'll be getting the German release of Hatari! and the UK release of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence. It looks as though most of my planned purchases for the rest of the year will be international releases, since I'm sick of waiting for Region A releases from studios.
The above referenced British release of THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE is Region Free - I have played it on my Region A machine.I agree with others regarding HATARI! - Hawks almost dispenses with story/plot, more than ever this one is all about the interactions of his characters; endlessly fascinating, perhaps an influence on Altman's work.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
It's pretty steep since they only offer some kind of expedited shipping. It still came out to about $3 cheaper than ordering from Amazon France because the discs themselves are cheaper. I think it was around $56 total. Too bad Amazon UK isn't offering them because their shipping charge is always reasonable compared to the other countries.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
John Hermes said:
It's pretty steep since they only offer some kind of expedited shipping. It still came out to about $3 cheaper than ordering from Amazon France because the discs themselves are cheaper. I think it was around $56 total. Too bad Amazon UK isn't offering them because their shipping charge is always reasonable compared to the other countries.
Thanks, and your right about the shipping charges...$23 from Japan for 2 BDs!

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
jim_falconer said:
Thanks, and your right about the shipping charges...$23 from Japan for 2 BDs!
Well, Jim, I just cancelled my Japanese order and ordered them from Amazon Germany. I will have to wait a few more weeks for their release date (October 4), but I was able to add Samson & Delilah to the order and it came to about $49 including shipping..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks