What's new

Well one piece down a few more to go (1 Viewer)

audiorookie

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
Sorry that should be one piece down. Damn fast fingers and not checking before I hit submit:)

Well I bought the first piece of the HT today. I picked up a Yamaha RXV-659. There was a local store who had it for less than I could find online so I said what the hell. It was between the Yamaha and the Pioneer VSX1016. I hope I don't regret the purchase. I will be ordering my speakers tomorrow. I am going to go with the X-LS 5.1 system with the sub upgrade from av123.com I can't wait to hear it all together. My last HT (if you could call it that was a Panisonic HTIB that I bought 4 years ago. I will let you all know how it goes once I get it all hooked up. I will probably have questions doing that also. Just some info on the rest of the set up, the TV is a Samsung 46" DLP, the DVD player is Samsung DVD-R145. Thanks in advance for putting up with the long post, I am just really excited to be able to hear all of the movies I have been watching for years.:P

Note from Mod: I corrected title.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hey Robert.

I approve of the choice in the RXV yamaha. (I own 3 Yamaha units). I also have a Samsung DLP so it sounds like we will have similar systems: :tu

Make sure you look into getting a HD source from your local CATV company or Sat. While DVD's look great on my Samsung - the same movie is jaw-dropping if it comes over one of the HD channels. I have a 8-hour PVR and 6 HD channels from my local CATV company for about $24/month.

Yes - let us all know about the setup/adjustment issues. We will help, and your posts will encourage others that solutions are avalilable.

Of course the big question: What is your first DVD you are going to watch on your new system?

audiorookie

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for the vote of support Bob,

I will let you all know how things turn out once it is all set up. The first DVD I will but in will be the LOTRs trilogy. I love that set and I am excited to hear what I have been missing all this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks