What's new

Well, looks like I'm buying Japanese... (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Anybody read the car and driver road test this month by the Csere-meister? :eek: Looks great... *sigh* I wish i had money.
I've followed the designing of this car since it was the smaller, more rounded version:
Link Removed
Man, I'd even take a 240Z if i could find one in good condition! :)

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
Have you guys even listened to the Bose systems in some of these cars?

The $550 Bose system in the G35 sedan sounds way better than the $1200 12 speaker HK system in my X5. Neither are audiophile quality, but the Bose is without a doubt better.

I have not heard the Bose systems in other cars, but I've heard the Audi system sucks.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I love that car and I am anxious to own one. The company I work for has a partnership agreement with Nissan, so hopefully after the initial hype dies down I'll be able to get one at around invoice pricing.

Nissan has come a long way in terms of styling, performance and value in just a few years. The new Altima, the 350z, the Infiniti G35 and G35 Sport Coupe are some the nicest looking cars around.

Cam S

Screenwriter
DAM, that 350z in blue is sooooo sexy, man what a nice looking car. The lines and buldges of that car remind me of the Porsche 911 Turbo, anyone else see that?

Niel_JL

Stunt Coordinator
Even though the G35 seems to be the same car with more space inside, I don't need that space. I already have a passat. I will buy this car purely for a performance stand point. Tim, do you have more info on that turbo model?

JL

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Have you guys even listened to the Bose systems in some of these cars?

The $550 Bose system in the G35 sedan sounds way better than the $1200 12 speaker HK system in my X5. Neither are audiophile quality, but the Bose is without a doubt better.

I have not heard the Bose systems in other cars, but I've heard the Audi system sucks.
The Audi system doesn't quite suck but it isn't great considering the money you pay.

The H/K system in the BMW's isn't that good which is weird because the system in my S60 is from Harman (I guess it may be different than the Harman Kardon line since Harman does own Revel too) and it really sounds good. Definitely one of the best in the industry. Probably a notch below the Dynaudio system you can get in the C70.

What I would love to hear is the Linn system in the Aston Martin's.

Patrick

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
All of the Bose systems that I've heard pretty much suck. The Infinity Gold system in my '99 Cherokee puts the Bose system in my '01 Corvette to shame. The Bose system has no bass whatsoever and is almost painful to listen to at higher volume. I'll be replacing the Bose crap soon. I really can't understand why all of these automobile manufacturers use Bose. :frowning:
Niel_JL - No, unfortunately I don't have any more info on the possible turbo 350z. I just remember reading people talking about it on the Link Removed website. You might want to check there.
Alot of people seem to prefer the Infiniti G35 Coupe over the Nissan 350Z but I'm the opposite. I like the meaner look of the 350Z. It's a very hot car!

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I doubt that there is any confirmed news from Nissan on a turbo Z. Why come out with a hot new sports car and at the same time tell everyone that there is a higher-performance version coming in a year or two? you'd be competing against your self.

Having said that, it is likely that a turbo might come in the future (although not necessarily to be sold in the US.) The last Z had a turbo model after a few years and Nissan has a history of high performance turbo cars (300Z TT, Supra TT, Skyline) so it stands to reason that they might slap a couple of turbos on the 350 at some point.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure the Z is using basically the same 3.5 litre V6 the max uses, I'm SURE there is a turbo kit out there for the maxima somewhere, why wait, just DIY :D

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
While I have my heart set on a BMW 330Ci, the Infiniti G35 Coupe is a great value that's faster and more reliable to boot!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks