What's new

Well its been awhile but i am back :) with a few questions on subs and the panny rp56 (1 Viewer)

Hi,

my bro in law is getting a new home theater and i have the Klipsch KSW-12 sub and love it and hes been over listening to it and loves it. did any new subs come out recently that are better in your opinion then that sub are are at the same price point as it.

also

on the panasonic rp56 i heard it doesnt do the chroma red thing but i heard it does combing or something like that wat is that exactly?

and finally

is the toshiba 57hx81 way better then the 57h81? or not that big of a difference?

thanks,

Mike Wolert

Nick G

Stunt Coordinator
Mike, I recently purchased a HSU VTF2 sub for $450 and am very pleased with it for both music and HT. I have not heard the Klipsch so I can not compare it to the HSU.

Regards, Nick

thanks for the speedy replies, this forum is just as friendly as it was when i left it oh song long ago. thanks nick i am checking into that sub right now. looks sweet as heck.

GregAH

Auditioning
Mike,
I spent a great deal of time agonizing over which progressive DVD player. My search started with the Sony 700P. This led to a few reviews that I thought you might like to read.
http://www.epinions.com/content_44915658372[/url]
http://www.epinions.com/content_30189522564[/url]http://www.epinions.com/content_41796996740[/url]
I took these reviews, and sorted through reviews here and in a couple other forums. The JVC SA70 and Panny RP56 seemed to be where the road (in this price range)lead. I ended up ordering the JVC SA70. As I haven't yet received it, I am still agonizing. Have fun in your search.

Mark Nelson

Agent
Mike

I used a Panasonic RP56 for an intense three days in early Nov. to demonstrate a Seleco HT200DM projector to 8 prospective custom Home Theater dealers.(I'm a rep for Seleco among other things) I wanted the best inexpensive progressive DVD player I could get my hands on to demonstrate the ability of the projector, which can run native in 408P without any video processing or convert to 800X600 for non-480P sources (DTV, VHS, DBS, etc.)I hauled it around with a portable screen and set it up running DVD's directly into the progressive input of the projector. We played every torture test we could think of.

None of the dealers had seen either the Panasonic or the Seleco before. During all the demos, along with the great feedback on the projector, these dealers and their staff always commented on the Panasonic's performance. They could't believe it could look as good as the super-expensive (up to $6000)players they sell.

I was very happy with the decision to use the RP56 for demos to these high end techy dealers. It was so impressive that I sold my Elite DV-05 and installed the Panasonic in my own system. Being ISF certified, I'm pretty anal about video quality. While no DVD player is faultless, I'm looking forward to watching alot of movies on the RP56.

MTN

Trey Jones

Stunt Coordinator
1st, The Toshiba 57hx81 is much better than the 57h81, not as much at first, but after a few weeks the difference becomes more apparant. My best friend had the 57h81 and I have the HX. We both tweaked our units together, so pretty much a dead even event. The first noticable difference was the brightness of the HX is much less initially than the H series. That seems to be a trend. I was able to have my contrast higher, and my brightness much higher than he on his H series set and it doesn't look or show signs of torch mode. After several weeks, my HX did get noticably brighter, and after recalibration of both sets he returned his 57H81 in favor of the HX.

Subs...

HSU VTF-2 ~$450

Adire Audio Rava ~$399

I would say both could rival or beat the klipsh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks