Well, I'm on a diet...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Sep 21, 2004.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Had a bad case of Gout over the weekend, so I went to the Doctor for the first time in 11 or so years, IIRC.

We found out my blood preasure was good, took a blood sample. And the results of the blood sample had me put on a diet [​IMG]. Said I should weigh 160, I'm at 260.

So, I'm eating nothing but Chicken and Stringbeans for Dinner now, since he said that that was OK. And for one time in the evening, at 12PM, at 3PM, and at 9PM, I'm taking these Weight Control Milkshakes he gave me. I'm supposedly supposed to loose 12 pounds in two weeks if I stick to it, and so far I have been.

If you beleive the scale, I've lost 5 pounds since we started on Saturday, since I've been exercising during it as well.

Has anyone else gone through this regime and succeeded in loosing alot of weight?

It seems gone are my days of eating Doritoes, Chips, Fishes, RyeBread Ravioli's and McDonalds, since he said all cheeze should be eliminated as well.

So far I've been snacking on pretzels, and those little peppermint candies. dosn't seem to be effecting the diet too much.

Just curious if anyone else was put through this as well [​IMG].

2. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

If you've gotten to the stage of Gout, you're in bad shape, friend. Too much protein, too much alcohol, and not enough excercise are the ususal causes, and that third part only gets worse because the uric acid crystals build up in connective tissue and before long you've a galloping case of Arthritis. If you've still got the use of your limbs, thank your God and get to work on that diet and excercise regimen!

This should be a caution to all men who don't visit the physician twice a year.

And, good luck. I mean it. Here's hoping you live long enough that someday you'll be able to enjoy string beans again, 'cos you sure won't after a few weeks of this, and fresh string beans are too much of a pleasure to forgo. [​IMG]

3. NicholasL

NicholasL Second Unit

If you're willing, the forums (especially the Over 35 section) on www.bodybuilding.com are extremely, extremely helpful. It is one of the most active boards I've ever seen, often with thousands of members online at any given time. There is a plentitude of articles, facts, diet plans, excercise regimines...everything you could ask for when it comes to health and nutrition. And don't worry, despite the name, 80% of the people on there are NOT bodybuilders, just people trying to get into shape.

4. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

Hi,

I was once fat and out of shape. I got tired of it, so I started eating right and exercising and have changed my life. I'm presently bulking (adding lean mass).

[​IMG]

Feel free to check out my fitness web site, which chronicles my own transformation in ridiculous detail, and also my forums. You'll find lots of information and support there.

Good luck, you can do it!