What's new

Well, if *I* won the lottery... (1 Viewer)

VinhT

Second Unit
I would give 50% to my parents. They really deserve it. 25% would go to my sister. She deserves it too. As for me, I don't really know what I would do with my portion. A house? I'm still single, wouldn't want to live alone. All that I ask of my future house is that it have a bowling lane and a shooting range in the basement. But, I'll probably be able to accomplish that on my own without winning any money, so it doesn't seem special. The natural thing to do would be to purchase an ultra-expensive car, but I really like my Camry and plan on using it till it dies. Then, I might consider a new car. I guess the problem with me is that money that is won doesn't come with any respect, and I value respect. People are going to know you didn't earn the money, and I have trouble spending money that isn't really "mine". I guess what I'm saying is that I would rather work for my 5 mil. :D

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
I would give 50% to my parents. They really deserve it. 25% would go to my sister. She deserves it too.
Wow, what a swell brother you are. I'd tell my sister to just try harder with that lottery! :D But seriously, at least half of it would go into investments: VUL's, IRA's, etc. to protect my immediate fam. After retiring my mom, I suppose I'd start up that PC Cafe/lounge I've been wanting to do for a while. And finally, I would set aside monthly "charitable" causes to donate nice sums of money to: Hometheater Forum (of course), my church, and sponsor like a hundred children (It'll be a field of Greggsters). :)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
I was thinking of this the other day when I was sitting in the theater Trying to watch the Hulk. Besides the sound being pitiful, the 3 year old talking up a storm.

I want to open up an Enthusiast's Movie theater. Comfy seats, awesome picture, and of course Awesome sound. I'll play the movies the way they should be "REFERENCE LEVEL" . No cell phones allowed if you get a call you're outta here. Kids not unless your 21 thats because Ill be selling beer at my theater. I'll never show any of those sappy Chic Flicks Just freakin loud obnoxious guy movies. Who's with me?

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Mick,

The odds may be incredibly low, but the simple fact remains that people DO win. Buying a ticket puts you in the "contender" category, even with the measly 0.00000007151% chance of winning. You know what your chances of winning are if you DON'T buy a ticket? Right - 0.0%. None. Nada. Zilch. Some may argue that it's the same, but go make that argument in front of someone that just won, and see how lowdly they'll laugh in your face.

The point is that when you play the lottery, you're actually buying a piece of a dream. Nothing more, nothing less.

It reminds me of that quote from "Dumb & Dumber" when Jim Carrey's character is trying to convince Lauren Holly's character to go out with him (and I'm quoting from memory here...):

J.C. - "So there's no chance of the two of us getting together?"
L.H. - "No, sorry, no chance."
J.C. - "Not even a one in a million chance?"
L.H. - "Well, maybe a one in a million chance..."
J.C. - "So, you're saying that there IS a chance!"

(Of course, quoting from "Dumb & Dumber" to support my argument is liking trying to fight off the U.S. Marine Corps with a square of Processed cheese)... :D

Moe.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I want to open up an Enthusiast's Movie theater. Comfy seats, awesome picture, and of course Awesome sound. I'll play the movies the way they should be "REFERENCE LEVEL" . No cell phones allowed if you get a call you're outta here. Kids not unless your 21 thats because Ill be selling beer at my theater. I'll never show any of those sappy Chic Flicks Just freakin loud obnoxious guy movies. Who's with me?
SIGN ME UP!!!!!! :D:emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
And I will only Hire people who Know about Sound and picture Quality. and It will be open only after 5 O'Clock so if your working you can come to a show after. Pop corn will no longer be the price of a vacation thats because I will have microwave ovens set up in the lobby so you can Bring your own. Also No more missing any of the movie when you get up and go to the bathroom(I am serving beer here). Thats because I will have a Video feed at the Urinals with sound so you don't miss any of the show.

My Theater will have 2 screens. On one side I will have the Latest new release and on the other side I will be showing the classics (GUY Classics) Rocky, The Lethal weapon Movies so we can enjoy them in all of their Big screen Splendor.

Rules for my theater

1) No cell Phones it rings your gone

2) No Talking (these people did not pay to hear you yap about the party you went to the night before) you yap your gone.

3) If you complain that its TOO Loud. Tough Shit this is a Mans Theater Take a hike

4) Spilling Beer ( Damn Man that Just plain stupid your Just wasting beer you buy the next round)

5) Have a Great F*&^ING time

Ill let you all know when Im opening. there might be the possibility of a franchise.

Now I just need a name for it. any one?

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Some may say you're buying a piece of a dream, but you could also say that you're financing a hopeless cause. I say hopeless because the number of winners is just enough to convince people that they can win and easily bad enough to keep more money flowing in than out.

It only takes one winner to give people hope to throw money in, so that make this the most effective advertising ever.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Now I just need a name for it. any one?
I'd say you need to win the lottery first ;)

Why not call it "The Lucky Ticket Theater" or something that would reference your winning ticket. People would assume the ticket reference would be to the movie ticket, but it would also refer to your lotto ticket.

Oooo! I'm onto something here. If you DO win and DO open the theater and DO use that name, I want royalties :D

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
But when the theater opens, you MUST guarantee that it will be franchising into Canada! Preferably around the Toronto area.

M_a_r_k^NE

Agent
Two chicks at a time? Yeck I get that now without 5 million. First of all, I would'nt claim the money until the last day to keep everyone in suspense and make a dramatic entrance. I would want to be anonymous if possible. No name or photo in local paper. I would definitely quit my job and throw a huge party at a local hotel for friends and family. All expenses on me. Hire a marching band to play a hasta la vista type song while marching thru my old work area just for laughs. I'll buy every member on HTF a drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks