What's new

Well I just bought a Denon 1805, your thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Adam P

Auditioning
It's the DMV1805 DCDi, Pro Scan, 5 disc changer, with the Burr Brown. I got it for $119. as a refurbished unit. I read on Audioreview.com that owners were experiencing problems with this unit during playback of DVDs. Seems that it was displaying subtitles when it wasn't supposed to.

So, I called Denon. They said since it was refurbed, that that problem should have been taken care of. And if there are any further problems, just to give them a call, and that they'll stand behind their product. AWESOME, props to Denon Customer Service.

Anyhow, I'm feeling pretty good about my purchase. If this unit is in fact fixed, then I just scored a $350 DVD Changer for $119! Yippie!

Anyone want to bring me down? Did I just order a piece of junk? I'm very skeptical at the moment, but excited at the same time. I can't wait to plug this baby into my Mitsu 48" HDTV! I would have spent more for the 1600 that everyone raves about, but I wanted 5 disc, and Faroudja. The only other model I was really considering was the Kenwood 6050. But the Denon was half the price! Get yours before they're gone. Ecost.com And no it doesn't have DVD Audio or SACD, but I'm OK with that for now. $119.!!! LOL!!!

Andrew Stivison

Auditioning
I have his player as well (paid full price) and had the subtitle problem and Denon sent me a firm ware upgrade and took care of the problem. I have enjoyed this player very much. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks