Well I did it

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoeB, Dec 1, 2001.

1. JoeB

JoeB Auditioning

Went to Circut City and Bought the Sony KP51HW40 with a 3 year maintenace agreement for $2693.23 out the door. Will be delivered on tuesday. A big thanks to the salesman Tom Blizzard and Brian the manager. A bunch of knowledgeable and courteous people.
    Joe
    [​IMG]

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Joe,
    I've had an HW40 for over a month now and love it. I hope you enjoy your new set.
    Be sure to let us know how you like it.

3. JoeB

JoeB Auditioning

Steve,
    Yes I'm looking forward to playing with it. Today I bought the avia test disc. But before i use it I think I should proably bring all my settings way down. Any recomendations on where I should have the settings?
    Joe
    [​IMG]

4. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Joe,
    The Sony has 4 picture modes-- Vivid, Standard, Movie, and Pro. All picture parameters can be changed and saved for each mode. SVM is preset and not adjustable, and has 3 levels-highest in Vivid, medium in Standard, low in Movie, and off in Pro. It can be turned off for all modes in the service menu, no need to cut any wires.
    For starters, just put it in Pro mode--factory default contrast and brightness are pretty reasonable in Pro, and it's safe to leave it there until you get around to calibrating with AVIA.
    I stored fairly low (about 30%) contrast level for PRO, for watching dvd and HD in a dimly lit room, and progressively brighter settings under other modes for use in increasingly bright lighting. None of my contrast settings is over 50%, however.