Well.... i did it...took the plunge.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew s wells, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

I ordered the 50H81 today. (They were out of stock in the store). I won't be able to have it delivered here until the 26th of the month, but it is already fully payed for (with the service plan as well- of course), now all i have to do is play the waiting game for about 2 and a half weeks. Agonizing to be sure. I can't wait!! [​IMG]

2. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Andrew

Congrats!!

I know the feeling. Sort of like you'd like to go to bed tonight and wake up on the 26th.

Let us know how you like it.

Artie

3. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

Andrew. I, too, ordered a 50h81 today!

Mine's coming from Sears. Yours?

4. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I'm getting a 47wx49 tomorrow! Must be tax return season.

5. Andrew s wells

got mine from best buy with a nice employee discount (price went from 2,600 to 1706.[​IMG] .. total with the service plan (4 year coverage) was 2,002. not too shabby i guess.

6. Andrew s wells

someone.... i need some advice. I have asked this of several people and get a different response every other time. my question is.. when i get the 50H81 delivered here, can i place my front stereo speakers (they are not magenetically shielded) next to the Tv? I have been told by some that it would be fine to do that because it wont be affected the same way as a tv with a regular tube would. hope thats correct.. it sure would help out space wise if it is. I am soooooo stoked. is it the 26th yet?!!

7. Andrew s wells

Nice, cute, friendly little bump.

8. Rod Melotte

Rod Melotte Stunt Coordinator

Here is a sort of answer Andrew. BE CAREFULL! I'm not sure about rptv but I assume they are the same as any other.

If they are not magnetically shielded I'd be REAL REAL careful. I put a speaker to close to my tube while moving things around and for the next 2 years I had a pink smudge on the bottom right corner.

I looked at my speakers and they said "because they are magnetically shielded put them next to your rptv". which tells me if they are NOT shielded, don't.

I'm CERTAINLY not an expert but until you get one, I would be awful careful

9. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

You should have no problem as the CRT's are well inside the set near the middle..My speakers were less than 6 inches away with no problems...Enjoy your new set..

10. Andrew s wells

Thanks for the replies guys. Oh believe me i will be very careful. I would imagine if it would be affected, that you would see discoleration immediately if you put the speaker next to the tv..... ill let you all know when i get it