Well, I almost had a new 57HX81 today!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Young, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Steve Young

Steve Young Stunt Coordinator

Steve Young
    Today was the big day, the delivery of my new Tosh 57HX81.
    I even made it home before they came with it. So i'm looking out the front window at the guys taking it out of the truck, and I see the tv almost come flying out of the truck on it's back(in the box still)! Then they slid it out of the truck onto the ground. Then they proceeded to take the top box off and then I seen the look on there faces, and they call me out. The 2 screens (fresnel & lenticular) were bent and laying in the back of the set!
    The one guy says "I guess you don't want this now", I said put it back on the truck!. Then they struggled trying to lift it back into the truck, finally they realized they needed to pull the platform out of the back and use the dolly cart to take it back up into the truck (which they should have used in the first place to take it out!).
    I am sooo mad right now[​IMG]
    I am expecting a call back from the place I bought it from.
    They are going to have to butter me up good if they want to keep my business.
    Steve

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Geez, you're lucky that you saw them and that they handled it as rough as they did. Its better they screwed it up completely and you witnessed it. By the sound of things, they are the type of people who might have been a bit more careful, but not careful enough. Can you imagine your horror if you got the set inside, removed the packaging, looked at the TV and didn't notice anything wrong with its outwards appearance and then hooked it up only to find it was damaged! Pheww. I'd seriously ask them if they are equipped or trained to deliver such a massive object to your house.
    Where is the TV from?
    If and when you get them to deliver another set, make an appointment so you can be sure you witness the entire delivery [​IMG]

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

At this point I'd also want to be there to see them load it onto the truck as well. [​IMG]

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Amateurs! I think that would make me cry!

5. Anthony Stephan

Anthony Stephan Stunt Coordinator

My 65HX81 arrives tomorrow.

Man, I hope I get a better crew. But it makes want to fire up the video camera just in case.

6. Steve Young

Steve Young Stunt Coordinator

Steve Young
    Well, I will be getting another one, but it will take atleast a couple weeks now[​IMG] They are giving me another $100 off. I told them I want different people delivering it this time, and they agreed. I will definitley be at home again when this one comes and I will be taking pictures just in case.
    To people who have had RPTV's delivered, did you have them come right into your house with the TV still in the shipping box, or did they remove it to get it in your house? My last RPTV, I had them bring it right in while still in the box.
    Thanks
    Steve

7. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Supporting Actor

when my 65HX81 was delivered i walked outside as they were unboxing it and i saw as the lifted the box off they ripped off the front grill..They broke one of the plastic clips but still tryed to just "stick" it on..I told em I would not take it.. Redelived another two days later..guess what? same friggin TV. My wife didnt know and accepted it. When i got home and looked i called and bitched up a storm..they said it was a mistake and a new one would be there the next day. All said and done though, the store came through for me. I ended up paying 2400.00 for a 65H80 whuch had some probs and they let me keep it for 3 months until the 65HX81 came in and didnt charge me another penny...It was worth the bullshit..

8. Craig

Craig Second Unit

It'll be easier if they take off the box outside plus you get to see it before they bring it in. The guys that delivered my 56" Tosh had a lift on the back of the truck. They had it unloaded, unboxed, and in the house in about 10 minutes.