What's new

Well Go U.S.A. Press Release: Crazy Samurai 400 vs 1 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
“… a go-for-broke, swing-for-the-fences, Hail Mary exercise in single-take action that sets the bar insurmountably high …” ~ KUNG FU KINGDOM

“…an absolutely bonkers cinematic accomplishment, perhaps never to be outdone…”
~ Jeff Ewing, FORBES

“Sakaguchi proves for the umpteenth time that he is
one of the greatest contemporary action stars."” ~ ASIAN MOVIE PULSE

crazy.jpg

CRAZY SAMURAI: 400 VS. 1

The Over-the-Top Action Epic Starring Action Icon Tak Sakaguchi
Debuts Exclusively on Streaming Service Hi-YAH! February 12
Before Hitting Digital, Blu-ray™ & DVD March 2

PLANO, TEXAS (January 11, 2021) – Leading Japanese martial arts icon Tak Sakaguchi (Versus, Rise of the Machine Girl) stars in the groundbreakingly innovative action epic CRAZY SAMURAI: 400 vs. 1, which will debut exclusively on the martial arts streaming service Hi-YAH! on February 12, before hitting Digital, Blu-ray™ and DVD March 2 from Well Go USA Entertainment. The highlight of this extraordinary film is a 77-minute action sequence shot in one continuous take, a “marathon battle [that] rivals any ever filmed” (Forbes). Director Yuji Shimomura (Death Trance, Re: Born) has crafted an epic achievement in action choreography around Sakaguchi, who plays Japan’s most legendary swordsman—Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645), a warrior undefeated in at least 60 documented duels—as he takes on his most difficult battle.

Synopsis:
When a master samurai arrives to duel the disgraced Yoshioka dojo, he walks into an ambush. In the world’s first 77-minute, one-take action film sequence, Miyamoto Musashi (Tak Sakaguchi) fights for his life against 400 warriors, earning a place in history as the CRAZY SAMURAI MUSASHI.

Country of Origin: Japan

CRAZY SAMURAI: 400 vs. 1 has a runtime of approximately 92 minutes and is not rated.

Blu-ray
DVD
Catalog #: WGU03243B
Catalog #: WGU03242D
UPC Code: 810348032430
UPC Code: 810348032423
Pre-Order Date: 1/26/21
Pre-Order Date: 1/26/21
SLP: $29.98
SLP: $24.98
Audio: DTS HDMA 5.1 / Stereo
Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital / Stereo

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I rented this on Vudu last night and was very disappointed.

There was nothing "absolutely bonkers" about this. The 400 attackers came in waves of 20 or 30, and continually attacked him one by one. And crazy samurai had three moves: stomach gash, leg slash and head bonk. 77 minutes of boring, repetitive, unimaginative choreography. At times the 400 would yell, "surround him," yet only one ever tried to attack from behind. And there were two "boss" battles. Both of wich lasted about 10 seconds.

And somehow crazy samurai seemed to know where all of the water bottles were hidden throughout the village hed never been to before.

And every gash had a small spurt of digital blood wich quickly disappeared.

There was an epilogue with a crazy good, but too brief, sword fight where crazy samurai fought several attackers at once. I could have easily watched 77 minutes of this, one take or not. I really think the one take idea actually worked to the detriment of the film and grew tiresome rather quickly.

After watching this I googled reviews and the majority of them agree with my assessment of the film. The premise, title, poster and graphics sucked me in, and I didnt want to spoil anything by reading reviews ahead of time. But I sure wish I had. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more
with tempered expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks