What's new

Well Built 2-channel amp. (1 Viewer)

Jack_P

Grip
I am just doing the initial research about upgrading my home stero setup. Bang for the buck is very important to me, but I dont mind saving up for a while.

Basicly I am just looking for some well built electronics that will last me a good while. In the near futre this will be connected to some bookshelf speakers/ sub setup(this is still in the works).

I never listen to the radio, so I dont think I am going to need a reciver. I guess that leaves me with intergrated amps and preamp amp combos.

I am thinking about getting something between 100-150 watts. I would really like to keep the price firmly under $1000

Thanks,
Jack

Edit: Someone recommended that I look into creek and caimbrige audio, also on this board someone was talking about rotel for a 2 channel setup.

Will Gatlin Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Buy used!! IMHO, mono blocks and two ch amps are the way to go. I do not believe that multi ch amps are made (sonically) as good. I use 5 two ch amps along with 2 mono blocks. All used, mint, and unbelieveable deals.

Jack_P

Grip
So what are some good 2-channel amps in your opinion. Also what should I look for in a preamp?

Will Gatlin Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Bang-for-the-buck amps include Aragon (my favorite), Parasound, Rotel, Adcom, Citation, Acuras, and many more.

On the pre-amp side, it will take you many places (components) that your $$$$ can.

Jack_P

Grip
Well there is someone in the FS section with a Adcom GFA-555 200x2 for 400 bucks. Could be a good deal I suppose, but it still hasn't sold odly ...

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
The Rotel RB-1090, its brother the RB-1080 and Odyssey Stratos comes to mind. The norh LeAmp too.

JoeyT

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Will on the Aragon as one option.
The odyssey Stratos and Brston another good amp. A little leaner sounding amps though. Could match well with the right components.
And my favorite in your price range is the Classe CA 100 or 101. (As warm and tube like as solid state can be)
used in mint condition here for $750.00 as one specific example
Link Removed
Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks