What's new

Welcome me aboard! I'm HDTV equiped thanks to you guys. (1 Viewer)

Scott Basham

Stunt Coordinator
I just ordered a Hitachi 43UWX10B today. I read up on the Price Match from Sears and even had a fellow scan and e-mail me a receipt from the same type of transaction.
Here's my story of how it all went. This is basically a copy of an e-mail I sent to someone.
I called two Sears stores yesterday (NOV. 2) and they wouldn't price match the internet sites. I decided with more and more people having experiences like yours, I'd just go down and give it a chance in person. I went to my small town Sears store which is quite small (I think they had 3 people working today), and just browsed around until the stock boy/salesman came up and asked if he could help me. I was hoping he would offer before the store manager. We started up a conversation and I worked it around to the price match topic. Eagerly wanting a sale, he was like, "sure, we'll match anybody's price." That's when I whipped out my printed websites showing better prices for the 43" Hitachi. I had three different ones and he asked for the cheapest which was from The Speaker Hut. (L.O.L! I just found it yesterday from a guy mentioning it in the forums).
He asked the very busy store manager about meeting the price, just to be sure. Well, she told him to check the 10% and see if it would bring it within the competitor's price (it wouldn't) and said that I'd be able to get the better of the two. Well, that's when I mentioned knowing of others on the internet that got the price match plus the 10% off. She asked me if Speaker Hut was a legitimate business and I said sure, here are two other 'net stores selling for within $40 of it. She then told him to go ahead and do it. When we got back to the register, I asked again and he agreed to price match plus 10% off.
Having you guys to help made a huge difference in the price. I went from a Sears price of $2199 to a matched price of $1844 with 10% off or a total of $1659 plus tax. I went ahead and got the stand for like $188 (I wasn't prepared for the price match on it).
A couple questions if you don't mind. If you have the same stand, does it have enough room for a full size Yamaha receiver and DVD player? Are you completely happy with the 43uwx10b for the money? Is the Sears $300 maintenance contract worth it? The sales guy said it even covered screen burn in! ?
Thanks again guys!
PS>>> I normally spell it as equipped. I just got a little excited I guess!
[Edited last by Scott Basham on November 03, 2001 at 02:42 PM]

Paul W

Second Unit
I would welcome you, but you're a lucky bleeding bastad! Go away!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

Scott Basham

Stunt Coordinator
Paul, oh come now... where's the love in this place??? !!!
When I get a real sub (SVX) instead of this mediocre, entry level MTX brand home sub, and a better center channel than one of my left over Bose 6.2s, then we'll go the lucky bastard route ..hehe... If I buy anything else within the next few months, my wife of 9 years won't let me get to 10!
For now, I'm just a sub-30 year old guy trying to get into a new hobby!
In the last month, I've bought a Yamaha 5-disc DVD changer, Yamaha RX-V1000, Klipsch Reference Series RF-3 II main speakers, Kipsch Quintets for the rears and my just bragged upon Hitachi 43" HDTV 16:9. Seems like I'm leaving something out though.. I guess that's best, sometimes my wife reads the forums that I leave up. :)
Sweetie, if you're reading this..thanks for understanding! This probably isn't what you meant when you said we need to buy some things for the baby that's on the way. Who knew?
Won't Rug Rats look good now!
[Edited last by Scott Basham on November 03, 2001 at 03:48 PM]

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Another convert
wink.gif
You'd better watch out, we've assimilated studio execs to the tune of HTs that ran well into 5 figures
wink.gif

Jeff Kleist

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks