What's new

Welcome Jack O'Halloran! (1 Viewer)

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Mr. O'Halloran,

Once again, thank you so much for participating in this forum; your comments are very informative and much appreciated.

I'm a film student in Southern California who is trying to learn as much about acting as I can (I only have a little college and community theatre experience), and I had a few questions about the work.

1. How do you like to be directed? Do you like to be told exactly what to do, or do you like flexibility?

2. How much do you discuss the character with a director, and how much of that discussion takes place on set, and how much before?

3. What are specific things a director can do to make actors feel comfortable on set? What are things the director shouldn't do?

4. How much do you like to rehearse before shooting? And how long does it take for you to get into character once on set?

5. What is the best way for a director to earn an actor's trust?

I hope that's not too many questions. I realize that 10 different actors would probably have 10 different answers to each of those questions, but I was just curious what your thoughts were. Thank you again for reaching out to your fans. Also, good luck with The List; when is that coming out?

Thanks to Ron and Parker, as well; this is a great idea. :emoji_thumbsup:

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Mr O’Halloron

Mate I don’t blame you if you where unsatisfied without the next picture been shoot without Richard Donner, the look and the sound of the finished results speak for themselves!

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hello Bryan

First let me say I respect and enjoy working with a Director who does his homework and knows what he is doing.I enjoy being directed ! I won't work with a director that I don't respect I would just pass on the film and have done so.I have been very fortunate acting comes very naturally to me. I can get right into a character very easily. I read a script and put myself into the situation and just do it as if I were doing it in real life. The List is in the process of being sold to a distributor as I write this.It is a very nice little comedy.

All the Best

Jack

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Andy
Waite until you see Donners cut it is really great.

All the Best

Jack

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Mr O’Halloran

Where talking about Superman II are we not, I have the special edition of Superman the Movie, which is a total blast, an eventful epic!

Now until the UK receives the special edition of Superman II, when I just don’t know, the rumours have been flying around for years now.

I must say it’s a great pleasure speaking to you sir, glad you joined the Home Theatre Forums, we need more cast and special effects experts as well that brings all this magic alive in the movies!

Mr. O'Halloran, thanks for participating in this great forum!

I have a couple of questions, so bear with me. First, most people don't realize the amount of work and single-mindedness it takes to be a pro boxer. I recently went back and re-watched the Hearns/Hagler fight, and felt sad because boxing used to be a great sport. I feel pay-per-view ruined the sport for the masses, but that is just my opinion. Which is tougher? Acting or fighting? (Strictly looking for you opin). And do you think pro-boxing is beyond recovery to being a "main-stream" high-profile sport as it used to be?

Next, how do roles find their way to you? Do you get scripts in the mail? Or do they always come via an agent?

Is there a role you really wanted but didn't get that we may know? And in a related question, is there a role you wanted, didn't get, and later you were happy you didn't get?

I'm so amazed by actors because on the surface it looks so easy. But to make the audience really believe you are the character must be very difficult (and fulfilling when it works!).

Thanks for allowing me to ramble on so much!

Chris

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Jack.

I hear that they are doing a special screening of superman 2: the donners cut for the cast and crew?

Jacob

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
I am around sorry for the absence as I have been traveling and working on finishing a book that will sent to publishers in January 07.

All the Best

Jack O'Halloran

Ben J Loews

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Jack,

What was it like working in England, and how do you think the British film industry differs in terms of work ethic to that of the US?

Cheers,

Ben.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks