Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
When we found out that Jack O'Halloran was looking
for a professional venue to sit and talk with fans one-on-one,
we knew that Home Theater Forum was to be his new home.

We came up with the idea of using Jack's presence here to
create Celebrity Corner where we hope to attract
other celebrities, directors and production people of the industry.

From All Movie Guide: Towering, grim-visaged actor
Jack O'Halloran excels in brutish roles. O'Halloran was impressively
menacing as the nonverbal space criminal Non in the first two Superman
movies. He was equally adept with dialogue as the hulking Moose Malloy
in 1978's Farewell My Lovely. Jack O'Halloran continued to grunt and glower
his way through the 1990s, essaying such fearsome roles as Yeti in The
Flintstones (1993).

Of course, Jack has been involved in many projects over the past
few years which he will be very happy to talk about in this forum area
created for him and his fanbase.

Welcome, Jack! We are very happy to have you here!

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Thank you for inviting me to this forum I would be glad to answer any questions regarding my films or the industry.

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
I hope I am doing this correctly as I am not the technical person in the world.This is a pleasure to come to a place where I can interact with the fan base.Or anyone who would like to discuss the industry I will try to answer as openly as possible any question directed to this forum.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
welcome aboard Jack.
glad that you made it.

I guess I can start.. what do you think of the new Superman movie with Bryan Singer directing?

Jacob

Christophario

Auditioning
Hi Mr. O'Halloran!

It sure is great to have you around and about! Gosh, I have so many questions, most of them regarding the superman movies, and first I want to say thank you for taking the time to answer questions with us crazy fans!

I had a few:

1. How was the "wirey" situation between you, Terence Stamp, and Sarah Douglas as far as being flown so close together as you guys were? Did you ever get tangled up or bump into eachother?

2. How exactly did they film the scenes where the army "shoots you" but you are unharmed (example: in the white house scene, a guy blows a bazooka looking gun and it 'goes right through you')

3. What did you think of Superman III, Supergirl, and the poorly done Superman IV?

4. Will you be near Oklahoma any time soon!

Thanks and have a great day! Keep up the terrific work Mr. O 'Halloran!

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi Christophario

1-We never got tangled or bumped each other Derrick Medding (I hope that spelling is right) did a great job with the flying shots on wire.

2-camera angles and special effects are great aren't they.

3- I really didn't like Superman III & IV. Supergirl wasn't bad just badly promoted.

4- I spent some time in Oklahoma I have some good friends from my boxing days there in Oklahoma City and Cushing Oklahoma.

Thanks for the visit

All the Best

Jack O'Halloran

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi Jacob I guess we are going to have to wait and see what Mr Singer has done.What I have seen so far is very good.

Ciao

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Hello, Mr. O'Halloran. I thank you for taking the time to visit us and answer our questions. I have a few of my own:

1.) What was it like working on the 1987 movie "Dragnet"? You were one of the best parts of the movie.

2.) You were in the 1988 Chuck Norris movie "Hero And The Terror", which was a Cannon Pictures release. What was it like working with Golan and Globus? I've heard a lot of colorful stories about them.

3.) To cap it off, you worked on the 1994 movie "The Flintstones", which was executive-produced by Steven Spielberg. Did you ever meet Spielberg himself?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Thank you for taking the time to visit this board.

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi John

1- Working with Dan and Tom plus a great cast and a good director was terriffic.I enjoyed every day of the shoot we really had a good time.

2- The sad part was it was one of Chucks best pictures and they ran out of money for the Distribution.It was a decent picture but never was marketed well.You never saw them because they ran out of money.

3-Yes I actually met him before shooting the film.He is a good person.

Have a great day John

Jack O'Halloran

Med

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Mr. O'Halloran.

Nice of you to join us here.

A few of questions...

Are you looking forward to Donner's re-cut of Superman II which is going to be released later this year on DVD? Have you seen any of the new cut and if so what are your opinions?

Can you share some memories of working on the 1976 King Kong - how was it working with Jeff Bridges, Charles Grodin, Jessica Lange etc.? How was John Guillermin to work with?

Finally, did you see Peter Jackson's version of Kong and what are your thoughts on it?

Thanks for listening.

Med

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi Med

I am really looking forward to Donner's cut I have been told by the editor it is really good.

Working on Kong was an experience I work 34 weeks met some very good people and made some good friends.Jessica was a star being born from day one.I didn't like John Guillermin he drank to much and I didn't respect him as a Director.We had a very good script had we a good director the picture could have been a classic.

I really didn't enjoy the film Peter Jackson directed I thought it had a lot of flaws.

David L

Agent
Hello Mr. O'Halloran.

I was wondering how was the scheduling for shooting Superman 1 and 2, as they were originally shot back to back right? Were you brought in early on and some time passed and brought back in?

Also, are you a home theater enthusiast as well? What type of set up do you own or prefer?

Thanks and all the best from El Paso, Texas, or Tejas as is frequently said down here!

David L.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jack:

As the other owner of HTF I wanted to take this time to welcome you to our little corner of the web.

What current projects do you have in the works? Are you more into production work now-a-days?

Thanks again for stopping by and talking with us.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Welcome, Mr. O'Halloran, it is great to have you here!

- Steve

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hello mr Halloran. Great to have you here.

What refreshing honesty. Kudos! Altthough I personally feel your King Kong IS a classic. Very underrated in my opinion.

Which of your films is your favorite?

Cheers!

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Mr. O'Halloran, it is a great to see an actor visibly taking part in The Home Theater Forum. Let's hope others follow your lead!

I wondered how you felt about playing a mute character in Superman II while Terence Stamp and Sarah Douglas got all the best lines in the picture. I like to think that the three villains from Krypton had a little of something for everybody... Zod with his scenery-chewing greatness, Ursa with her man-killing vamping, and Non with his wordless, child-like curiosity about everything. Great fun. But did you just want to blurt out something and hope they'd keep it in the movie?

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi David L

We shot both pictures at the same time and actually we had to stop shooting II because they needed to release I and we had to finish it.

Actually I only have big screen tv, dvd and video and stereo set up.I am in the process of building sound stages in CA. and there will be a screening room there I have access to screening rooms.

asay Hello to Texas for me!

All the Best

Jack O'Halloran

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi Parker

Thank you for inviting me to this forum I believe we will have a lot of fun communicating with fans.Thanks again!

Jack O'Halloran

Users who are viewing this thread