What's new

WELCOME BACK "The Yule Log" on WPIX 11 (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Scheduled for Christmas Morning. It was the best opening your gifts while it was on you t.v. set until it was time for Christmas Cartoons. To bad they won't do it during Christmas Eve, that's was so great. Anyway speaking of Christmas Cartoons does anyone remember Pinochhio In Outer Space, it came on every Christmas Day for years then it dropped off.

Joey

Stunt Coordinator
I, for one, am glad about the return of the Yule Log on WPIX. It's one of those things that brings back some fond memories.
Then again, when I think of it - it's a camera pointed at a burning log, for cryin' out loud. :) I like it.. It actually makes me feel cozy all over.
Joey

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I used to love the Yule log, and it tugged at my heartstrings when I heard that WPIX was bringing it back. But these days, I have my own fireplace. Assuming we don't get more 60-degree weather on Christmas Day, I plan to have the real thing.

M.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I plan to the yule log thing on Christmas Eve. The holiday is not complete until the log's onthe fire, sharing my eleven month old son's first Christmas and shooting downstairs to play the wonderful holiday movies like Die Hard 1 and 2, Jingle All The Way, Long Kiss Goodnight etc :D

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Don't forget National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and the first Lethal Weapon!

I have to play at least the opening sequence of Batman Returns, or it just isn't Christmas.

M.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Thanks for the schedule notice - I remember the Log very well! Since we have no fireplace, Channel 11 will have to do this year. I'll play my own music, though, I already have 4 1/2 hours of Christmas tunes from a party we had the other night.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
They played the Yule log out here on the west coast on TV-20 in San Francisco. The great thing about the yule log is noticing when someone pokes at the log or throws another piece of wood on the fire.
I recorded it on a 6 hour tape one year, so I can always play it for grins.;)

David Paymer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Paymer
Good to hear WPIX will be bringing back the Yule Log; I kinda missed that thing. Fond memories here too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks