Welcome Back Kotter: Television Favorites

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dane Marvin, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

I actually saw about 15 copies of Welcome Back Kotter from the Television Favorites line in the store today. There are indeed 6 episodes and it was $14.99 -- I didn't buy it. That seems too expensive to me considering a full season would probably run about $29.99 (twice the price) and give you almost 4 times as many episodes. If they really want to test the waters, how about lowering these to like $9.99 SRP at least?

I am not too familiar with the series, but I would probably blind-buy a full season set. Seems like these TV Favorites discs will be used to project how well multi-disc sets of the series will sell. I'm kind of puzzled as to why Kotter, the one I'm most likely to buy a season set of, is the only one that is exclusive to Best Buy. I hope that doesn't handicap it too much. I glanced at the episode names, but didn't write them down or anything. I checked the episode guide at tv.com and can definitely verify that I saw the following episodes listed:

1. The Great Debate
    2. One Flu Over The Cuckoo's Nest
    3. Goodbye Mr. Kripps

I also want to say that "Sweatside Story" was one of them, but I can't be 100% certain of it.

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    You have a point about the price, but I'll probably buy all of the western releases. I don't like best-ofs, but I want to watch these shows. It would be nice if there were some kind of "send in your proof of purchase to get money back on the season set" in any upcoming season sets, though.

3. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    Backfired on me too, I would blind buy Season 1 but never would I do so to a best of comp, I don't think anyone is buying these, all the stores I see them at are full of them, not an empty shelf, meanwhile the real season sets are kind of sold out or just one left.

4. Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight Second Unit

Stephen
    How are these selling?Hopefully well enough to warrant a complete season release in 2006.

5. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

I don't know, but I'd still like to get season 1. This is the exact type of goofball show my co-workers and I sit around the table with at lunch and poke fun at (we've gone through Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch and Three's Company lately).

6. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

7. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I am really looking forward to the season 1 set... and with a couple extras too! Awesome! [​IMG] I personally don't care much for the cover-art... but thats ok.