What's new

Weirdest SVS Problem Ever (1 Viewer)

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
To make a long story short, I ordered a Samson s700 for my 25-31CS because I thought the distortion I was hearing was because it was underpowered. This distortion was occuring when I was listening to rap, such as the fast and furious soundtrack. The fast low bass lines of many songs was causing a rattling of sorts with the sub. To my dismay, the distortion did not leave when the new amp arrived. There was no distortion when playing sine waves, only music like rap. After some investigation, I went directly over the sub and heard the grill/mesh top rattling. I at first thought the problem was solved. I removed the top, and some of the distorion was gone- but not all. Being decidedly pissed at this point, I leaned on top of the sub- putting say 50 or maybe less pound of pressure on the top of the sub. Suddenly ALL distortion is gone. I can crank these rap albums very loud (I never EVER listen to Rap- but those of are most into bass are- bad for demos) and hear no distortion- but I have to physically be leaning on the sub...any idea how to get the sub weighted down? BTW..I read the filling my SVS with sand thread, and unlike that thread, this is NOT a joke!

Todd

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
So what was the distortion? Was it bouncing around on the floor? Try holding down the baseplate and see if that works. If so, get a couple L brackets and screw it to the floor or a bigger/heavier baseplate.

Have you tried putting something uner the sub? Is it a carpet or hardwood floor?

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Send SVS an email. It sure sounds like something is wrong with your subs construction (transport damage, a slip up during assembly). I'm sure they will be more than helpful in getting it replaced with one that doesn't rattle like that.

Unless it is just the bass plate rattling on the floor. Like Jeff suggested, get something under it to see if that is the problem. If you are on carpet though I doubt it is.

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
AH..perhaps something has worked...I put a towel under the sub (it had been on a tile floor) and the problem seems to have cleared up. Thanks for the help.

Todd

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
Sounds to me as if the tile is loose under the sub. Try moving the sub and seeing if that will make it any better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks