1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Weird Tosh 50H81 problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter D, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Peter D

Peter D Stunt Coordinator

I've had my Toshiba 50H81 for a couple of weeks now, and it's worked great except for one small issue. One channel (channel 5), has tons of interference on it. So I figure it's the cable (though it worked fine on the old set). I eliminate all of the other equipment and the splitter, and go straight from the wall to the tv. Still shows the problem. I hook up another tv - reception is fine. I hook up the other tv through the rest of my equipment - reception is fine.
    Here's where it gets weird - when I hook everything back up, I notice that when the tv is off, my Tivo records 5 just fine. When it is on, my Tivo's channel 5 looks just like the tv's.
    I had a repair guy come out, and he said that it has to be 'defective equipment' somewhere besides the tv causing the interference. But even if I unplug everything else in the room the problem still shows up. I don't see how it can be the cable, as it works fine on other tv's/components.
    Any ideas?

2. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

Wow, that's weird.
    I don't know if it is just a coincidence, but my Channel 5 HBO comes in fuzzy on my 50H81. My FoxFamily Channel 20 also has distortion, but that was there before I bought the new Toshiba.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    The HTF Lowest Post Champion!

3. Peter D

Peter D Stunt Coordinator

Well, here's what mine looks like...
    [​IMG]