Weird Tosh 50H81 problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter D, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Peter D

Peter D Stunt Coordinator

I've had my Toshiba 50H81 for a couple of weeks now, and it's worked great except for one small issue. One channel (channel 5), has tons of interference on it. So I figure it's the cable (though it worked fine on the old set). I eliminate all of the other equipment and the splitter, and go straight from the wall to the tv. Still shows the problem. I hook up another tv - reception is fine. I hook up the other tv through the rest of my equipment - reception is fine.
    Here's where it gets weird - when I hook everything back up, I notice that when the tv is off, my Tivo records 5 just fine. When it is on, my Tivo's channel 5 looks just like the tv's.
    I had a repair guy come out, and he said that it has to be 'defective equipment' somewhere besides the tv causing the interference. But even if I unplug everything else in the room the problem still shows up. I don't see how it can be the cable, as it works fine on other tv's/components.
    Any ideas?

2. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

Wow, that's weird.
    I don't know if it is just a coincidence, but my Channel 5 HBO comes in fuzzy on my 50H81. My FoxFamily Channel 20 also has distortion, but that was there before I bought the new Toshiba.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    The HTF Lowest Post Champion!

3. Peter D

Peter D Stunt Coordinator

Well, here's what mine looks like...
    [​IMG]