What's new

Weird Thing (1 Viewer)

lnguyen

Auditioning
I just got NAD c541i cd player, then connect to my receiver Onkyo TXSR-601 by analog and optical(just for the fun of comparision). To hear through analog, I chose cd input on the receiver. To hear through optical, I chose DVD input. I have DVD player connect to receiver through coaxial and I have to chose CD input and Audio selection: coaxial to watch movie.

Here is the strange thing, when I have DVD player turn off and listen to music through cd player, analog, if I chose Audio selection: coaxial, I am still here the music which it shouldn't be because I don't connect my cd player with coaxial at all? Some one please explain what is going on to me. Thanks.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Even if you choose digital as the default, the receiver likely does not turn the analog inputs off (some do, some don't). Mine allows me to hook either up and select between digital or analog for any source. Why do you have the CD hooked to DVD and the DVD hooked to CD? Are your digital inputs not assignable?

Kevin T

Screenwriter
sounds like cross-talk between the inputs to me. pretty common among most receivers i've used. even some of the higher end gear exhibits this "flaw".

kevin t

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I'm only using the multi-channel and optical inputs between my Onkyo HT-500 receiver and Pioneer 563 dvd player, but when I choose the analog input, I still hear the disc that's playing. I also assumed it was some sort of "cross-talk". Strange though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks