What's new

weird, someone just credited my paypal account.. (1 Viewer)

Tony_Woods

Stunt Coordinator
So I get an email saying I have just recieved a credit cardpayment, but in order to accept it I must be a premier member, which is free (except for transaction fees). So I do that and log in and there it is, a $32 payment from a name I do not recognize. The subject from the seller was "aa" and the notes field said "bb". The sender of the payment is unverified but the address is confirmed, and the name does match the address per whitepages.com What is going on here? I mean I like free money and all but I'm a little more than confused.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I'd reject it if you are given the option. If there is anything shady behind that payment (which seems to be likely) you don't want to be associated with it.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Contact PayPal as soon as you can, and if possible, try contacting the sender of the money. Only bad can come of this.

Denward

Supporting Actor
It sounds like someone typed in the wrong email address when they were trying to paypal someone else $32. You should email them back and confirm the money was meant for someone else. $32 could be a lot of money for someone.

Eric Eash

Second Unit
i'd just do nothing at all. if the sender sends a refund notice, then i'd just give it back minus fees.

eric

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
I guess that to "accept" the money, you'll have to enter your CC information first :rolleyes:
Delete the mail or contact PayPal

Vincent

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Double check to make sure that you're really seeing this at PayPal and not at a scam site which looks like PayPal but will rip you off if you give them any financial information that makes it possible for them to do so.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Exactly. DO NOT log in by clicking on a link in the email! It may look like it takes you to PayPal, but may really be taking you to a site set up to scam you.

Open up your browser and manually type in www.paypal.com and log in from there. Then verify that the $32 payment is there.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Paypal often says if the website doesn't begin with https:// it's not official.
I'd recommend as above and log in through paypal. If the $32 isn't there I'd be cancelling that Credit Card

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks