What's new

Weird Science (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I’m turning about 7 shades of envious green reading these tales of discount after I got rooked on Amazon for $22 & change for this title ( now up to $27.99).
Guess that’s what I pay for the convenience as the nearest B&N is a 25 mile drive.

I dream of 25 miles. My closest is 45 (one way) so just have to plan trips ahead of time -- though I was going there for the back end of the Criterion Sale to get those titles that I didn't get 4 weeks ago and the Arrow was just a fortunate throw-in, plus hit Costco, Best Buy and Target which are all in a straight line with B&N

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I haven’t had a discount code from bn in years. Tried to log in today and had to reset my pw due to inactivity.
They sent me a 15% off code.
Only good online and WS Arrow sale is not allowing codes online.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I haven’t had a discount code from bn in years. Tried to log in today and had to reset my pw due to inactivity.
They sent me a 15% off code.
Only good online and WS Arrow sale is not allowing codes online.

Not just Weird Science -- none of the Arrow;s nor Criterions that are 50% off allow extra coupons now. Before Prime Day the Arrows were allowing extras (as normal not for preorders), but after 16th or so they blocked all the 50%+ items from extras.

Don't be 100% that the Online Only code won't work in store though Arrow should be blocked there too, but if there are 40% off items you need, it may work on those.

Scott got a nice clerk/manager who pushed his Member Only 20% to go through manually. Some store will allow esp member coupons to go through, other stores like mine pretty much will allow any coupon that the Computer says is OK but rarely will push through a coupon that doesn't auto-apply.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This is weird. Amazon page says it’s 40 bucks but when I past the link into camel it says it’s 28 bucks. Go figure.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is weird. Amazon page says it’s 40 bucks but when I past the link into camel it says it’s 28 bucks. Go figure.

I was $27.99 a couple hrs ago -- camel has a bit of a delay before it reflects the now price

Still $22 at Deep Dsicount (backordered), $24 at Bullmoose (instock), it will be 19.99 at B&N once it returns to stock which is pretty likely to happen before the 50% sale ends -- most likely date in August 4 or 5, but I haven't confirmed that for a fact yet and it could end 7/31. We know hte sale ends before Alice releases on Aug 6 (or at least was supposed to release if the latest information holds);

About $19 shipped from AmazonUK for the region free identical release.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Or more like -- everybody they care price matching are now backordered so Amazon they just raise the price to max

Plus folks that refuse to look elsewhere and those that didn't/refuse to pre-order go into panic mode when it goes on backorder once Preorders are filled and buy it at whatever price they can find, then end up going ballistic in 4-5 days when the price drops back to $20-22 and Amazon won't price correct.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Not just Weird Science -- none of the Arrow;s nor Criterions that are 50% off allow extra coupons now. Before Prime Day the Arrows were allowing extras (as normal not for preorders), but after 16th or so they blocked all the 50%+ items from extras.

Don't be 100% that the Online Only code won't work in store though Arrow should be blocked there too, but if there are 40% off items you need, it may work on those.

Scott got a nice clerk/manager who pushed his Member Only 20% to go through manually. Some store will allow esp member coupons to go through, other stores like mine pretty much will allow any coupon that the Computer says is OK but rarely will push through a coupon that doesn't auto-apply.

Ugh. I had been waiting for another discount code/coupon (I forgot about my mailer coupons) to order a couple of additional Arrow titles. I didn’t know that they were no longer allowing additional discounts to apply.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Stellar presentation, however like another Arrow release (Children of the Corn) the music soundtrack is terribly subdued. I can barely hear it when songs play in the background. Doesn't feel right watching it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks