What's new

Weird Science missing dialogue? (1 Viewer)

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"The subtitles prove nothing since they might've been recycled from the earlier DVD edition."

Putting that aside how do you explain that his lips move but there is no dialog?

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Putting that aside how do you explain that his lips move but there is no dialog?
Easy - I haven't received my copy of the DVD yet and didn't know you could see his lips moving. :)
I thought that we only saw them from behind watching the screen during that scene.

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor

I used to wonder what this line meant. Then I realized that Gary must be saying "niche hooters".

Of course, I don't have the official screenplay, so I don't know how accurate this is. But it makes sense.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Nope. It's "knee-shooters". A not so-PC way of saying large, pendulous breasts. "Niche hooters?" So what, they're breasts that are only attractive to a small demographic sub-section? ;)

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor
Wow. Never hear that phrase before, outside the movie.

But, yes, that was my point: only a small demographic subsection would want pendulous bosoms. Generally firm is preferred to overly-squishy, in my demographic.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
On the UK DVD Forum http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/s...1&pagenumber=2
someone posted a small avi of the VHS version of that scene.
During the "missing" part of the dialogue you only see them from behind - you see him shaking his head but you do not see his lips moving.
As soon as he gets to the "anything more than a handful..." part you see them from the front and you see his lips moving.
So the line could've easily been added for the Home Theater version.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Too be honest with everyone. The missing dialoge doesn't piss me off as much as the forced trailers do.

John Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
In the original movie, his father fends him off, extends his hand for a handshake instead, and says, "No, like a man!". In the new Universal DVD, his father just says, "No.".
He does actually say the "like a man" line,just its very feint as he is whispering.

I had to turn the volume up quite high to hear it.

The line about sprained tongue/thumbs seems different now though.

It always sounded like thumb on the vhs version i had,but it sounds like "tongue" on the new dvd.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Did anyone have a problem playing this disc? My Panasonic RP-91 locked up in the middle of the scene where Kelly LeBrock was "meeting" Anthony Michael Hall's parents. I assume this was the layer change. I had to power the player off/on, then fast forward through the faulty point on the disc to continue.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
The scene where she meets his parents is the funniest scene ever!

"Just a 100 or so teenagers running around in their underwear, acting like total animals."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks