Weird quirk when using [ code ] tags

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin P, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

I was using the [ code ] ... [ /code ] tags to illustrate a Javascript solution, and discovered if I have the string "javascript:" (That's "Javascript" as one word followed by a colon), it displays in the thread as "java script" (all lower case, two words).
    The following Code tag has the following string: "This is a test of javascript: in a code tag. javascript:javascript:javascript:"
    Code:
    This is a test of javascript[b][/b]: in a code tag.  javascript[b][/b]:javascript[b][/b]:javascript[b][/b]:
    EDIT: It's happening outside the code tags too! Click Edit on this post to see what I really typed. It wasn't "java script" followed by a colon.
    EDIT 2 I'm guessing this is a feature to prevent embedding JavaScript inside a post, right?
    KJP

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Kevin:

Yep. And I would appreciate it if you didn't try to, even in the code tags, to use javascript (even as an example) on this forum in any way, shape or form.

Thanks,

Parker

3. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

Ok thanks. I was just providing sample code snippets, nothing intended to be executable from the forum page.

KJP