What's new

Weird question: which show is better, south park or boy meets world? (1 Viewer)

John McM

Second Unit

I understand what you're saying but methinks the only SP episode you've ever seen was Mr. Hankey is probably the only episode you've seen, and that you've heard about the fart jokes, killing Kenny and stuff like that, most of which had run it's course.

What South Park has evolved into is the opposite of what it appeared in the first place, intelligent, hilarious social commentary. Yes, Trey Parker and Matt Stone go out of their way to shock the hell out of the audience, but beyond the shock value, there's also redeeming messages in most episodes past season 4.

If you prefer BMW to SP, good for you, that's your taste, but SP is an acquired taste, and one that once you've gotten used to it, is one of the most priceless shows on TV. These days I anticipate new South Park more than new Simpsons episodes. But while you might not like it, you can't flat out say there's nothing redeeming to it

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yes, this IS an odd pair to debate - it's like comparing Family Affair to Married with Children.

But South Park is clearly the superior show. It's very erratic but has moments of brilliance. BMW is just standard sitcom dreck...

John McM

Second Unit
Yes, this IS an odd pair to debate - it's like comparing Family Affair to Married with Children.

But South Park is clearly the superior show. It's very erratic but has moments of brilliance. BMW is just standard sitcom dreck...

very true, it's not that out of the question to compare South Park with Family Guy or Simpsons. But Boy Meets World? the Disney show? it's apples and oranges, but SP is the stronger show because it sticks out in a crowd.

Jason Dixon

Agent
Hey i'm the created of this thread. I realize this is a very odd pair to debate, but my friend and i have argued over this topic even though it is weird. thanks for your comments, would love to hear more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks