Weird Problem Damaged My TV...What To Buy Now?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Scott Adam, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Scott Adam

Scott Adam Stunt Coordinator

Hello Friends at Home Theater Forum!

I am new to the board, and after catching the surround bug, I have joined you all in easing the difficult transition from two channel, EQ-endowed stereo to multichannel...

Something happened to my system the other night which completely affected my Sony 27" Trinitron; I was leaning behind my wall unit to make some adjustments to my surround receiver's speakers, talking on my cordless phone, when suddenly there was like a surge and my call went dead, became static, and when I turned the TV back on, the picture on the screen was very weird---like the edges of the image were "cut off" and "jagged" somehow; I thought it may have been a Cable TV problem, but it happens when I turn my DVD player on, too---so its some kind of damage to the picture tube...has anyone ever heard of this? Now, on top of having unconnected wires in the back of my surround receiver, I have no TV set---well, the picture is screwed up anyway. What began as a simple project to reverse some left and right channel connections in my receiver has become a nightmare---should I let a Sony dealer look at the TV, or should I buy a new one?

If I look into getting a new set, what do you guys recommend in the 27" range? I wanted to definitely consider Sony again; but I would consider Panasonic, Toshiba and Mitsubishi, as well. Any thoughts on my problem, and suggestions for a new set, would be greatly appreciated.

2. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Sorry no idea on mwhat happened but holy crap that sucks man. Ill be sure to be a little more careful when dealing with my wires though........ouch!