What's new

Weird IR Problem - Please Help? (1 Viewer)

David Schamis

Stunt Coordinator
I have an IR sensor and a connecting block set up so that I can control a bunch of equipment that I keep in a different room from my main setup. I am currently using IR emitters, placed on or near the device's sensor, which works fine (but not perfect).

On some of my equipment, (namely my Integra Research RDC-7 pre-amp and my Scientific Atlanta 3100HD & 2200) there is an IR input on the back. I have attempted to use this direct input with 1/8" audio plugs (I have tried both mono and stereo), and nothing seems to work. Furthermore, I am trying to connect my TiVo's IR output directly to a cable box, which doesn't work.

As far as the RDC-7 goes, neither the MAIN zone or ZONE 2 work at all. In earlier configurations that I have had (old apartment) ZONE 2 worked great.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David

HowardGjr

Stunt Coordinator
David,

I can't help you with the direct inputs. However, I got more consistent (perfect?) results when I switched to a regulated power supply and covered the emitters with mouse shields (black electric tape will work). If you use the shields (or tape), you won't be able to point the remote directly at the device anymore.

Unfortunately, I made these changes simultaneously, so I'm not sure which one provided the improvement. :b

Good luck.
Howard

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks