What's new

Weird interference (1 Viewer)

ChrisConklin

Stunt Coordinator
I just set up my new HK 325 yesterday, but this morning i'm noticing some interference, it's a horizontal line that rises to the top of the screen and then another one comes up from the bottom. I took the center channel off and it was still there, isolated the TV power wire away from other cables. My receiver is on a rack somewhat below my TV. Any idea? I can't seem to figure out what it is.

ChrisConklin

Stunt Coordinator
Oh while we're at it...i'm gettin a deep hum whenever the receiver is switched to an analog source (CD and TV). Is there a ground problem somewhere?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
That rising scanning line may be due to the signal the TV is receiving. Do you notice this on broadcast sources only or on all sources?

ChrisConklin

Stunt Coordinator
All sources...i isolated the problem it seems...if i unplug the surge protector i have in another outlet (w/ computer and accessories) the hum and rising lines go away, how would i solve this problem w/out having to unplug the surge proctector all the time? Would buying a surge/ground for my receiver and TV help?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks