What's new

Weird Hum from Velodyne sub. HELP (1 Viewer)

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Before someone says its a ground loop, let me say that it is a different kind of hum, and that I have had another sub hooked to the same outlet before with no hum.
Heres the story. The sub in question is a Velodyne F1800RII. I have traded subs with my father since his theater is not ready in the new house. The sub was in storage for 6 months before being moved to the new house. Well when I get it home and plug it in to the same outlet as my previous sub, and turn it on, after a few seconds it starts to hum and slowly grow in volume to where it sounds like some damage may about to happen so then I turn it of and get a loud thumping pop. This happens wether it is hooked up to the pre-amp or free standing. The volume is also all the way down. I have pulled the plate amp and driver off and found no loose connections.

Any ideas what it might be? I would like to avoid boxing and shipping the thing off to Velodyne.

Thanks
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks