What's new

weird crt convergence (1 Viewer)

George Bir

Stunt Coordinator
Recently took 20" flat screen dvd toshiba tv in for dvd service.
Just got it back plugged it into our cable and had purple/red shading on left side, even on dvd's.
Took it back to repair sears service. They have no cable feed (they send it out for repairs). They put in a dvd and picture was perfect.
Thinking it must have needed warming up or maybe the ride readjusted. Took it back home, same problem.
Plugged another tv in the same exact location, no problem.
Took problem tv to other tv location, problem still there.

Have I finally lost my senses or what?
Does this make any sense to Anyone? Anyone?

If I take it back again, how can they find the problem?

George Bir

Stunt Coordinator
No sound system at all. Nothing has changed from before, and there was no problem with picture. Now it even happens in other locations.
Makes no sense why it didn't happen at the service center.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
You are going to have to do some experimenting.

What if you unplug everything everything and then plug back in just the DVD player?

What if you turn the TV to face in a different direction?

What if you move the TV out into the middle of the room, or put it in a different room?

For each test you should have three turn ons and three turn offs at least an hour apart to make sure the TV's built in degausser is activated more than once.

There has been at least one case reported on this forum where the cause of discoloration was some electrical equipment in someone else's apartment on the other side of the wall where the TV was located.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread