What's new

Weird color pulsing on Hitachi 43UWX10b/Panny DVD-RP56 (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I've got the Hitachi 43UWX10b with a Panny RP-56 progressive scan. I've calibrated with Avia and everything looks great... except every once in a while, certain shades of color do this wierd thing.

I'm not sure how to describe it. If there's a brown wall in the background, you can see kind of a pulsing line pattern moving from top to bottom, almost like a shaded sine wave. I'm using Monster component cables that I already had when the TV was delivered, and I was wondering if perhaps the quality of those could cause this sort of problem. It only does this for brownish colors, which is odd. I guess it's possible that it could be some wierd fluke of the Hitachi's conversion from 480i/p to 540p/1080i, because the problem occurs in all modes... but is there anything else that could cause this? Should I get some higher quality cables?

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Jeremy,

I have the same setup in my family room. I haven't noticed what you are describing. Can you give me a movie/scene where you noticed this?

Michael Silla

Second Unit
Jeremy,

I have the 53UWX10b and haven't noticed the problem you are describing. As Dennis said, could you reference a particular scene in a movie?.

Michael

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Sorry I took so long to respond to this. I found a PERFECT example of this color pulsing problem.

Godfather Part II, disc 2, ~47 minutes. The scene where Connie is talking to Michael in the boathouse. The wall behind her is brown and pulses like mad. It also does this with some dark reds sometimes too, but why would brown and dark red do this? Anyone got any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks