Weird Closed Caption display

Discussion in 'Displays' started by John DeSantis, Oct 17, 2005.

1. John DeSantis

John DeSantis Stunt Coordinator

Have something strange happening when trying to use CC on my Sony KDFE60A20.

My closed caption is displayed but not correctly. Some letters at the end of a word are added onto the next word. Example: See John catch the ball: "se ejohn catcht heb all" Doesn't happen on all channels but seems to happen more on HD channels. I haven't had the set or the new HD Cable box very long so I'm not sure which is at fault..but seems to me I didn't have this with the Old Box.

I thought this was only happening on HD Channels but then I saw it on HBO non HD. I did finally try using the Cable box menu to turn on CC and it did it too but then I reduced the text size and it cleared up. But that doesn't seem to help when using the Set CC.

I have the CC options set to basic CC1. Any Ideas?

Thanks

2. John DeSantis

John DeSantis Stunt Coordinator

Update If anyone cares: Had Cable Co. replace box. Cleared up the CC problem. But it was a different Model Box and didn't have HDMI Port. My PQ was also worse so I told them I'll stay with the old box untill they can get one with the I/O ports I want.

They came back later with another box ( same Model) but it also screwed up the CC. So, turns out it's a software problem and they have to contact Motorola etc.

Basically it can't decode the CC on digital channels. Analog displaed correctly.