Weird Chat with Charter Cable

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Zimmer, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Last night I got a call from Charter Cable, asking me to upgrade to Digital Cable. I passed, but asked when they were going to start carrying HDTV. I expected an "I have no idea what you're talking about" since it was just a telemarketer. But instead, the response was, "Well, they're working on it. But the problem is that the receivers keep melting down."
    Huh? Isn't Time-Warner sending out HDTV signals on their cable? Is there a meltdown problem with them? Or is the telemarketer just making crap up to get me off her back? [​IMG]

2. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

3. Matt Heebner

Matt Heebner Stunt Coordinator

In July, I talked to someone in the Marketing Dept. at Time Warner about HD over cable. I was told that they wouldn't even start offering it until late summer 2002, if even that soon. I have doubts about TW to deliver HD over cable, atleast in my area, but if they could I would try it.

Matt

4. Alan K

Alan K Agent

I work at a major national electronics and media retailer and a customer recently told me he was approached by Time Warner to be a beta tester for high defintion through cable. This was about a month ago, and he only knew about as much as I just stated. If I see him again, I'll post anything else I find out.

5. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

Time Warner is currently offering HD in many of their major markets....The only problem they are having is getting enough HD cable boxes from Scientific Atlanta...