What's new

Weird Chat with Charter Cable (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Last night I got a call from Charter Cable, asking me to upgrade to Digital Cable. I passed, but asked when they were going to start carrying HDTV. I expected an "I have no idea what you're talking about" since it was just a telemarketer. But instead, the response was, "Well, they're working on it. But the problem is that the receivers keep melting down."
Huh? Isn't Time-Warner sending out HDTV signals on their cable? Is there a meltdown problem with them? Or is the telemarketer just making crap up to get me off her back? :confused:

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
In July, I talked to someone in the Marketing Dept. at Time Warner about HD over cable. I was told that they wouldn't even start offering it until late summer 2002, if even that soon. I have doubts about TW to deliver HD over cable, atleast in my area, but if they could I would try it.

Matt

Alan K

Agent
I work at a major national electronics and media retailer and a customer recently told me he was approached by Time Warner to be a beta tester for high defintion through cable. This was about a month ago, and he only knew about as much as I just stated. If I see him again, I'll post anything else I find out.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Time Warner is currently offering HD in many of their major markets....The only problem they are having is getting enough HD cable boxes from Scientific Atlanta...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks