What's new

Weird Camera on Jets Game? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I'm not a sports fan, but even I get excited during playoff time if a local team is in :).

So, as I'm watching the Jets game, I see what appeaars to be a weird looking device following the action right in the middle of the cameras shot. I couldn't see it too clearly, but it was seen again during a feild goal attempt.

Anyone know what this is? Maby my eyes are playing tricks on me, but at first I thought it was some weird alien robot :).

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
It's a camera that is suspended over the field of play the field via cables. It's been around for awhile.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
ahh, K. At first it looked like it was f loating in the middle of the field it went by so fast, and I didn't get a better look at it the second time I saw it. It reminded me of a flying fighter robot in a game I'm playing :)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
That camera, Tommy Maddox, and Rod "He Hate Me" Smart are the few remaining artifacts of the XFL. I miss the stripper cheerleaders. :frowning:

Brad

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
if they could stabilize the shot a little, i'd love to see more use of it in the game. The shot from behind the QB allows the best look at the passing lanes and the blocking structure on running plays... to be honest I think it's the most educational and interesting way to watch football--- and certainly shows more than the current "follow the ball with a camera on the line" method.

-V

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's the Playstation view of NFL games. It would be cool to see an entire game with it as the main view, instead of the sideline view we usually get in the coverage.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
I like those 360 degree cameras they use at some football games. I heard it's something like 360 different cameras situated around the circumfrence of the stadium, and always recording, so the view can be rotated just like the Matrix.

DaveNel

Second Unit
They will fix those in field cameras in time. Heck who knows they may design a camera soon thatfloats and has great video and is self moving by word of mouth via wireless connections.. Technology ( isnt it great )

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
There was a weird camera on during the Pats/Colts game that made it look like Peyton Manning couldn't throw the ball downfield. There was also something wrong with the computer graphics because they kept showing that the number one offense in the league had only scored 3 pts. CBS needs to get that fixed before the Colts play the Steelers next week.

What? Awwwwww crap. :frowning:

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks