1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Christopher Vollick

Christopher Vollick Auditioning

Christopher Vollick
    Ok, so, this one seems strange to me, and hopefully you folks can help.

My setup is Chromecast -> Cheap HDMI switch -> Soundbar -> Projector (all hdmi)
    And when things are plugged in this way, I probably get 1 second of silence every 5 seconds, but the video is unaffected.

Here's where things get weird:
    • I have 2 others devices plugged into that switch that don't have this problem
    • If I plug the chromecast directly into the soundbar, it doesn't have that problem
    • If I plug the chromecast into the switch into the projector (skipping the soundbar), it doesn't have that problem
    So... every combination besides the one I want seems to work individually; it's not like it's that the chromecast never works with the switch or something.
    It's just that the chromecast, and only the chromecast, doesn't like going through 2 hops, or something.

If I can fix the problem with a different switch, that'd be great, since I'm not really going to get a new soundbar or projector just for this, but I don't want to buy a new switch if it's not the problem.
    And I have no idea where to start diagnosing the problem.

Any thoughts?
    Projector: BENQ W1070
    Soundbar: N450
    Switch: HD1832
    Chromecast: NC2-6A5