What's new

Weight of the 1014 revealed (1 Viewer)

john_FE

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everyone,

I finally did it, I finally ordered a receiver. I went with the pioneer vsx-1014.

I got it from Vanns and the weight on the UPS tracking is 26 pounds. I have heard 39 pounds but that is not correct. Just thought I'd let you know.

Me, I could care less, I finally have a receiver again.

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Are you sure about this?

I emailed Pioneer about this and they confirmed it was 34 lbs. It also lists 34 lbs in their 2004 A/V Product Brochure and several members of this forum who have it say it weighed in over 30 lbs on their shipping labels. I think it is pretty important considering it gives you an indication of the power supply in the unit. Enjoy your 1014TX!

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
UPS label on my 1014TX said 40lb, so once you subtract packaging, remote, manuals, and the antenna that are included 34lb sounds pretty accurate. 26lb sounds way low, more like the shipping weight of something like the D914.

john_FE

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe they estimated 30 pounds? I mean Vanns is pretty reputable, Im curious as to why its so "light"

Now I do care >: (

How do we validate this?

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The weight of my 1014TX felt no less substantial than my Elite 43TX (which weighs 39lb) when I was switching them out. The best way to validate the weight is to stand on a scale and note your weight, then stand on the same scale holding the receiver. The difference in your weight alone and your weight with the receiver will represent the actual weight of the receiver. You'll want to weigh it this was if using a normal bathroom scale because they are not very accurate below 75lb or so. If you have more accurate scientific scales you can weigh the receiver by itself.

john_FE

Stunt Coordinator
Im thinking it may be some kind of mistake on the shipping label. It was free shipping so maybe it didnt matter what was on the label. I will weigh it when it comes!

Andy_Steb

Stunt Coordinator
I think it is just the way UPS does things. I shipped a 44# avr525 plus box and remotes (the shipment must of weighed over 50#) and UPS charged me for 33#. I did notice the receipt said charged weight not actual weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks