What's new

WEHT Rhino's Crown International releases? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
CliffMac

I too would like to see a decent copy of Sextette but the copy Rhino obtained was not what they thought they purchased. I hope your release will be a different transfer!

My VHS copy is miles better than the current DVD!

Eric

cliffMac

Agent

I'm pretty sure there is a new transfer available on the film. If not, we will re-transfer the film.

Cliff

cliffMac

Agent

Actually, I can't take credit for turning BCI around...it started before I arrived. Jeff Hayne started the change with his acquisition of HE-MAN, but there were other titles before that...but He-Man is the real turning point, I think.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Well, then at least you can take credit for releasing a bunch of awesome stuff. :)

By the by, can you reveal what materials the Ultraman episodes are being mastered from?

cliffMac

Agent

Thanks! :)

We received the masters from the licensor, so I'm sure what materials were used, but they look beautiful. Very colorful.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i'm kind of surprised to see that you are segregating the filmation material into primarily an animation sub label.
i would have thought an umbrella "saturday morning" imprint would have been more apropos giving the live action material.
does this mean that Isis, Jason, and the others are farther away from release and pending the formation of another label?

saw the press release for the HD titles on another site.
will look forward to picking up Galaxina in HD come Aug.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Cliff -- thanks for all the info on the Crown Releases. Will there be a release of Van Nuys Blvd?

Jon Baker

Second Unit
This just posted over at DVD Drive-in:

BCI has announced a new line of drive-in and horror double feature DVDs, to be released over the next few months, all from the Crown International film library. On the release slate are: VAN NUYS BLVD/LITTLE LAURA BIG JOHN (VNB is anamorphic widescreen, plus audio commentary) (8/8), MALIBU HIGH/VIRGIN QUEEN OF ST. FRANCIS HIGH (8/22), HUSTLER SQUAD/WILD RIDERS (8/22), LAND OF THE MINOTAUR/TERROR (new transfers) (9/26), POM POM GIRLS/THE VAN (9/26), MADMEN OF MANDORAS/BRIDE OF THE MONSTER (new transfers; MADMAN will also include alternative version known more famously as THEY SAVED HITLER’S BRAIN) (9/26), DON’T ANSWER THE PHONE (Uncut Version! Anamorphic Widescreen) (10/10), PRIME EVIL/BRAIN TWISTERS (10/10), DEVIL’S HAND/TERRIFIED (DH is a new transfer from a fine grain mint) (10/10).

Very to happy to see anamorphic WS of Van Nuys Blvd and Uncut Don't Answer the Phone. Really looking forward to these.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks