What's new

Wega: The Dreaded 16:9 Oversqueeze!! Ahhhh! (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
My buddy just got his new 32FS17, and out of the box, it's terrible. With pincushion probs set aside, how is the 16:9 oversqeeze problem corrected in the service menu? I hear ASP is the parameter, but it affects 4:3 viewing. I've also heard of ASP1 which doesn't affect the 4:3 mode, but is it on FS Wegas??
Also, I have a copy of AVIA, and I heard that one can use the cross hatch patterns to correct the overqueeze. If you've done this, which parameters did you screw with?
I've never had to do this with my Wega, so geometry adjustments are fairly new to me and I'd appreciate any and all help!
Thanks,
Chuck
btw, I'm gonna bump this post until I get a solid answer!
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Equipment List

KevinO

Stunt Coordinator
Chuck, I have the FV-36FS13 and have made the adjustments you're asking about. My set didn't have many geometry problems, but before messing with the squeeze parameter, I did make some small adjustments to the geometry (pincushioning etc.) parameters. I don't remember off the top of my head what their exact names are, but I can get them for you if you're interested.
After these changes, I using the circle-hatch screen on AVIA in the "Enhanced for Widescreen" section and adjusted ASP1 until the big circle in the middle was round. Of course, you must ensure that 16:9 enhancement is on when making this change. I got these instructions from a post about a week ago. Do a search on wega enhancement or something similar. Out of the box ASP1 had the same value as ASP (47). I now have ASP1 set at 52 or 53.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks