What's new

Wega question: difference between the FS and FV series? (1 Viewer)

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Ok, I'm just about ready to get a Wega 36"er, but I'm torn between the FS13 and the FV27. From what I can tell, the main differences are:
1.) The FS13 doesn't have PIP (which I wouldn't even use anyway).
2.) The FV27 does the 16x9 squeeze automatically for anamorphic content, while the FS13 requires that you select it manually (but that doesn't really bother me since my remote can do macros).
3.) The FV27 puts out more WPC from it's front speakers, but since I never use my TV's speakers it's a moot point.
Are there any other differences? Any important ones that I'm missing?
------------------
"But you have to remember that a worm, with very few exceptions, is not a human being." - Freddy

Marty Neudel

Stunt Coordinator
The FS series use a 3-line digital comb filter, while the FV use a "new" 3D digital comb filter.
Marty

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Hmmm... concerning the comb filter, how much of a REAL difference would there be? I know this is subjective, but are we talking an "earth shattering" difference, or would it be minor/subtle?
------------------
"But you have to remember that a worm, with very few exceptions, is not a human being." - Freddy

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Fx-##
Fx
--
FS = 3-line comb filter
FV = '3D' Digital filter
##
--
13 = no PIP; manual squeeze
17 = dual-tuner PIP; manual squeeze
27 = PIP, auto squeeze

Marty Neudel

Stunt Coordinator
>are we talking an "earth shattering" difference, or would it be minor/subtle?
Jerry,
closer to the latter. However, the difference can be quite noticeable in some scenes. For instance, you will see far less moire shimmering. Hope this helps.
Marty

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks