What's new

WEGA picture settings--curious about yours. (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
After avoiding the "Movie" picture mode on my KV-32FV26 for two months, I finally caved in last weekend. Now I like that picture mode. Then I tweaked the picture by eye, saving the full Video Essentials treatment for this weekend.
Right now, the settings are--
• "Warm" temp
• SVM off
• White level apprx. 40-45 percent
• Black level apprx. 40 percent
• Color saturation apprx. 25 percent
• Hue, in the middle for now
• "Sharpness" apprx. 15-20 percent
I'm curious what other FV- and FS-series WEGA owners are looking at. If the XBR settings closely approximate those of the FV- and FS-series displays, I'd like to hear about them, as well.
Thanks.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
On my KV27FS12 the main difference is that in my settings, the color is way higher, about 50-60%.
I calibrated my set with VE.

I've been doing a bit of service menu tweaking lately, I use a combonation of subpicture brightness and contrast for my "brightness and contrast setting". I turned off all the color "cut" settings and the "drivers"...I find that I get way more accurate colors.
So the fallowing.
Brightness at "0"
Subpicture Brightness "20"
Contrast roughly "35-55"
Sharpness "0"
Subpicture sharpness "10"
Colortemp "Nuetral"
Color around "55"
Hue not quite sure exactly but it's below the halfway mark, buy maybe 4 notches...
SVM "Off"
I'm pretty pleased with the way the set looks currently, there is a tweak I really like to apply but for some reason it can't be saved. It's the "Shpf" or sharpness frequency value. This really does clean up the sharpness of text and edges more so then adjusting a combo of sharpness and subpicture sharpness.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
My settings are very different than Chucks. Not all the Wega's are the same. I have a 32FS12 and I tried those settings and they looked terrible on my set. I have no doubt they look great on his.
Other settings listed above show the sharpness at 15 to 20% and someone listed ZERO! Wow! If I had mine at zero, I wouldn't be able to make out anything. I've got mine at no more than 40%. It's just above the point where the picture becomes almost out of focus looking.
Jeff

What are you guy's drives and cuts settings , as well as , subpicture sharpness, subpicture contrast, subpicture color or Scol, subpicturebrightness, subpicture hue..I think that covers them, hehe. I've been experimenting with different values for the above mentioned, can anybody post their settings for the above?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. From what I can tell here, there must be some degree of unit-to-unit variation with these sets.
My "sharpness" control is set to the threshold where edge enhancement just starts to become apparent.
Is a KV-32FV26 worth the attention--and $$--of an ISF tech? It would be nice to bring the grey-scale tracking into line. And I'm reluctant at this point even to begin poking around in the service menu.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks