Wega KV32FS16 and PIP: What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael*K, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

May 24, 2001
    Love my Wega with the dual-tuner picture-in-picture...a huge improvement over my previous single tuner one. The one problem that I have not been able to figure out: PIP doesn't work when playing/recording a VHS tape. When I enable PIP, I only get snow in any channel I try. The exception in channel 3, which shows of course the image playing on the full screen. Do I need to make a switch in the cabling in order to use PIP while using the VCR? Here's my setup:
    •Basic cable, coax running into VHS recorder
    •Coax running from out jack on VCR to VHF/UHF input on Wega
    •S-Video and audio cables running from DVD player into Video In 1
    •RCA audio/video cables running from out jacks on VCR to Video In 3 on TV (whatever happened to Video In 2?)
    There is a separate coax input on the Wega listed as Aux that is not in use. Do I need to use a splitter on the incoming cable line and run one end to the VCR and one to the Aux input? I know this seems petty to some, but I do use PIP a lot. Any advice is appreciated.
    Amazon Hot 100 DVD's
  2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Mar 29, 2000
    I have the one tuner PIP which suits me fine since I rarely use it.
    I would split the cable and run it directly into the TV and VCR. the vcr out would go to the Aux. You would need to keep the tv ch the same as the vcr modulated output (i.e. 3 or 4)
    Everything else sounds ok
    Why do you keep hounding me and harassing me and hounding me?
    It's not like I don't have anything better to do, you know.
    It's not like the Phantom Cruiser is going to wax itself.
    It's not like last night's burrito stain will just up and remove itself from my cape.
    I am a superhero!
    A very very busy superhero! Who does...things!
    Now get out of here before I tell your mother.
    -Space Ghost..