WEGA is Buzzing!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Simon, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Kevin Simon

Kevin Simon Extra

OK. I originally posted this on the thread a few back, afterwards realizing it was in regards to a different model. Anyway, I just bought a Sony Wega KV-27FV17. I am experiencing a buzzing noise from the tube area. From a viewer standpoint, it appears to be from the rear, and lower left. It is audible even if in "Mute" so it is not the speakers. Practically unberable at inital plug in, it is somewhat dimminishing even a day later. Another user mentioned their problem was resolved by unplugging it from an old power stip, but mine is a new Monsterboard Power Strip/Surge Protector... so I doubt that is the issue.

Could it just be from all the shipping...that things just need to get "settled in" a bit? I havent noticed if it diminishes as the TV warms up, but if it does, it wasnt silenced completely.

I like the TV other than that...great color after I did the AVIA setup.

2. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Kevin, this buzzing has been noticed by numerous people with the same set.

But, even though it's a different model, there is already a post on this problem. as you posted on it. There was really no need to post another thread.

I do hope this does get fixed by Sony though. And I highly doubt it's from shipping, as my friend's TV does it and he picked it up from the store.

3. Anthony S

Anthony S Agent

Make sure all the screws on the back of the set are tight. My first 250XBR buzzed when the power was turned on. I returned it and my second set made the same sound only much less. After a service visit for other reasons the buzz was gone I the only thing he did was open up the back and looked around. He put it back together and the buzzing was bad. Then he tightened the screws and no more buzzing.

4. Rich Gio

Rich Gio Extra

Just try plugging it directly into the wall outlet. What have you got to lose?